Tip: Make time fly

obmike

Hello,

Not sure if this is something that is known already but I just discovered it by accident and thought I would pass it along for those that did not know. What it does is when you bring up the wait / sleep menu it allows time to go alooot faster then it would if you were to do it normally (at least it does for me) so give it a shot and see if it works for you.

1. Press the ESC key to bring up your console.

2. Type TFC and press ENTER to toggle the free camera mode.

3. Press the ESC key again to close the console.

4. Press the T key to bring up the wait / sleep menu.

5. Use the slider to adjust your wait time, To test, try setting it to something like 20+ hours ahead.

6. Click on the OK button to confim your setting and watch as time flies by :)

Mike.

Hello,

Not sure if this is something that is known already but I just discovered it by accident and thought I would pass it along for those that did not know. What it does is when you bring up the wait / sleep menu it allows time to go alooot faster then it would if you were to do it normally (at least it does for me) so give it a shot and see if it works for you.

1. Press the ESC key to bring up your console.

2. Type TFC and press ENTER to toggle the free camera mode.

3. Press the ESC key again to close the console.

4. Press the T key to bring up the wait / sleep menu.

5. Use the slider to adjust your wait time, To test, try setting it to something like 20+ hours ahead.

6. Click on the OK button to confim your setting and watch as time flies by :)

Mike.

Just a quick correction:

To open and close the console it's actually the tilde key (~); it's hiding under the escape key (escape should just bring up the game options)

Also I have an easier way for you to watch time fly in realtime instead of having to wait.

Type this into the console: 

set timescale to XX (where XX is a number value, I.E. set timescale to 10)

Timescale edits how fast or slow the game time flows via real life time, so if you set timescale to 1, it makes the in game time go by at an equal pace to one real minute. If you set timescale to 10, it will make 10 minutes pass in Skyrim per one real life minute and so forth. For the effect you're looking for, try out a timescale of 1000.

Caution: setting timescale to 0 or 1 has been reported to cause game crashes and prevent some quests from advancing, as well as other bugs. 

Hope this helps! Also if you're unsure at what your current timescale value is set to, you can always type show timescale to get your current time rate. 

This is the effect you'll get with timescale:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faycI5U-NN8

Archived