Loading Screen Changer

• Akai69 changed the title to Bromides as Loading Screen (WORK IN PROGRESS)
18 hours ago, iakA said:

THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS

image.png.d17c523995b7b69afa3073742f6e68c2.png

So this is what I've done so far

I was able to load the image as the background of loading screen. However, I don't know how to randomize the bromide? Can someone show me how to randomize it. Thank you.

Bromide as Loading Screen.7z 4.12 MB · 47 downloads

If i'm not mistaken, Yorom made a randomizer code for his lingerie mod, maybe you can ask him, don't know if it would work the same way

• Akai69 changed the title to Loading Screen Changer - Bromides as Loading Screen

Mod.ini - edited

It's not really random, but if you count the frames while the loading screen is displayed you can get a pseudo random number... I think I have coded it to be relatively efficient.

As for the bromides being darker than normal, I don't know which commandline image editor would work on dds files to do a batch conversion to png; but photoshop can do it if you have intel texture works plugin. Maybe you would prefer to grab the png from doax.cc

The only other problem with the original mod and my edit is that the Post / Mail UI background gets fucked, and I haven't worked out a way to auto turn off textureoverrides while that UI is up.

P.S.
I changed the way the next and previous bromide keys work. but forgot to mark them as edits.

P.P.S

There are a couple of other ways to increase efficiency... I guess I'll give you an update later if you don't mind me fucking with your mod.

Edited by krunkDunk
  • Akai69 changed the title to Loading Screen Changer

Special thanks to @krunkDunk for helping me a lot with the mod

Fixed some performance issues.

Fixed the missing icons bug (If they still disappear, press Mouse Wheel Button or press H)

The mod now has ALL bromides up to 4th Anniversary to set as background

You can also press F to hide the text in loading screen (the game tips thing)

You can also set any picture as loading screen as you want (Make sure they are in PNG Format then Replace any pictures in the resource folder

Edited by Akai69
  • 3 months later...

Hi @Akai69!

I'm very much looking forward to this! Do you have an ETA for the Steam version?

EDIT - Can confirm this will work on Steam as of this mod's release of v1.5.1, though there are (presumably) some bugs. Just before the loading is actually finished, the text of the usual loading screen will come back. But it happens so quickly that it was hard to even get a screenshot of it.

image.png.2436917a821091e61e37d5e1d00c7c1f.png

On 6/6/2022 at 7:36 AM, Omni_Noesis said:

Hi @Akai69!

I'm very much looking forward to this! Do you have an ETA for the Steam version?

EDIT - Can confirm this will work on Steam as of this mod's release of v1.5.1, though there are (presumably) some bugs. Just before the loading is actually finished, the text of the usual loading screen will come back. But it happens so quickly that it was hard to even get a screenshot of it.

image.png.2436917a821091e61e37d5e1d00c7c1f.png

Hi

Sorry for the late reply. I reworked the mod. It should be working for both versions now.

Edited by Akai69
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...