the man of steel -Impression

Emily

Just watched superman yesterday and emily was impressed if but a little bit off around the end.

Majorly clark being bullied since kid to adult. He was told by his father to manage his power, and always be merciful to his enemy since they cannot harm him in anyway. Being prince of krypton and all.

However, it's completely different from the previous superman return, where he is busy saving life falling from an airplane, stopping an on coming train, saving children from a tree, stop natural disaster and preventing meteor shower.. Non of that.

Instead he was busy fighting of his kryptonian kin that almost destroy every single properties on metropolis. ...it's quite a nightmare fest for every investors & contractor watching series of sky scraper turn to rubbles single handedly on zod one on one combat.

His nature and nurture was the most interesting part on the movie, The human and krypton parental that forged Man of steel. (....Probably because it was made for fathers day.)

Epic and furious.6 was more memorable than man of steel. But that just emily's opinion.

At the end, Nolan as usual deviated from what was established in the comics. He wasn't supposed to do that and instead send him with the others back to where they came from, but this Nolan wrote most of the story and I can't complain, I love Nolan's work. He turned even the most boring superhero (I.E. Superman followed by Captain Murica) into something actually interesting and this time around Superman actually had a bit of depth in his character.

Guest flingingfeces

Visually it was amazing as is most of Snyders work.  I thought the last twenty minutes could have been cut down a bit and my head was spinning from trying to keep up with all the action on screen.  Sitting in the front row didn't help,  but the place was packed. XD  Anyway I thought Superman was great,  but other than his parents I think the rest of the characters could have used a little more depth.  Overall though it was a blast to watch,  but I agree with you Fast 6 was just plain awesome from start to finish and I would honestly go see it again before seeing Superman again. 

I've been put off seeing it for 3 reasons:

1) The Superman suit looks stupid. Why is the stippled look in at the moment? They did the same thing in Superman Returns and it looked horrid there too.

2) "Zod" looks like a generic thug. Where is the class? Granted, someone here can tell me if I'm totally mistaken and he's actually really eloquent and awesome.

3) It looks like Metropolis was being attacked by Reapers from Mass Effect.

Shallow reasons? Maybe. Again if anyone can say I'm mistaken about Zod I'll be more motivated to see it.

(Terrance Stamp's Zod fangirl, sue me).

The only legitimate Superman is Dean Cain.  No exceptions.  The stippled look is in because Toby McGuire's Spiderman.  Prince of Krypton??  Now I really don't want to see it.  Jarrell was a scientist.  Not the high king!  "Superman Returns"?  Where did he go?

Well, the classical view of superman is: salary man enter telephone booth then reveal an 'S'.

Look! It's a bird! It's a plane!

NO! It's SUPERMAN~!

Then he would save the day.. Well clark did become daily planet salaryman on man of steel ending. But that hardly explain superman future are going to be as classical since the half of the metropolis is already a ruin and debris.

As far as my limited understanding of the comics goes which mainly comes from swiping a friend's copy of President Lex for a while, Metropolis seems to get destroyed every other week.

And maybe Superman will have that construct-o-vision power from Superman IV!

I've been put off seeing it for 3 reasons:

1) The Superman suit looks stupid. Why is the stippled look in at the moment? They did the same thing in Superman Returns and it looked horrid there too.

2) "Zod" looks like a generic thug. Where is the class? Granted, someone here can tell me if I'm totally mistaken and he's actually really eloquent and awesome.

3) It looks like Metropolis was being attacked by Reapers from Mass Effect.

Shallow reasons? Maybe. Again if anyone can say I'm mistaken about Zod I'll be more motivated to see it.

(Terrance Stamp's Zod fangirl, sue me).

Actually Zod looks like Caesar, which is very fitting, given the message they want to send. Yes, there are some religious similarities made in this movie, regarding Superman.

It's hard to make a Superman film worse than returns, considering in Superman Returns, Superman didn't throw a single punch or use any of his powers offensively, the only 'action' consisted of him lifting heavy objects.

So the only way MoS could've possibly been worse than Superman Returns is if it featured no combat -or- lifting, but thankfully it has tons of action so it is a much greater film, though Routh looked more like Superman than Cavill does, though the plus side is Cavill actually has some acting skills and charisma.

Emily also have a hint spiderman vibes on MoS, When his father died.

Did clark foster father really died on tornado to protect clark identity?

.. His foster father played major part on the death of superman if emily not mistaken. Before he faced doomsday alien, well probably his spirit.

Archived