Is it possible to create a fame/shame resource?

Hello everyone,

I am looking to create a mod with a new resource or two, namely the dhovakin's fame and/or shame. The idea behind it is as the dhovakin progresses through quests or such, their fame goes up and they get benefits, NPCs react more pleasantly, vendors give discounts, or something of that nature, whereas if the dhovakin does something shameful eg. lewd acts in public, enslaved, murder, rape, pillage, you name it, their reputation goes down (or their shame goes up).

So with that in mind, i wanted to know if it was possible to create something like that. I'm a new modder and i'm still learning, but i don't want to get frustrated trying to learn to make something only to find out that its not possible.

I was thinking it would work like this:

There would be a fame rating of 1-100. 50 being completely neutral. Anything under it and the player might be removed from certain factions, the lower the fame goes, the more factions dislike the player, and the opposite would happen the higher the fame goes of course. That might be a bit of a hack job so if there is a smoother way to implement that i'd love to hear your thoughts on the matter.

Archived