How to remove selected quests from Amorous Adventures?

I’m installing the Amorous Adventures mod for my next playthrough. There are some quests that interests me, while not so much for others. Is it possible for me to remove those unwanted quests with SSEedit without them even being offered during the game, while maintaining the ones I like? I'll be starting a brand new game.

I've used SSEedit to look at the mod after installation. For example, if I don't want the Vilkas quest, can I simply remove all the entries related to Vilkas under the Dialog Topic/Branch/View, Global or Quest branches?

I understand what you are going for but honestly it would be way way easier to just turn them down in game if they start talking to you about stuff, I believe each NPC involved has an option to tell them you aren't interested.  There's nothing forcing you into doing the quest for that character, and they just go back to being their regular self at that point.

1 hour ago, Marg597 said:

I understand what you are going for but honestly it would be way way easier to just turn them down in game if they start talking to you about stuff, I believe each NPC involved has an option to tell them you aren't interested.  There's nothing forcing you into doing the quest for that character, and they just go back to being their regular self at that point.

I agree that what you suggested would definitely be easier but I think it also messes up immersion somewhat. 

For one, I’d like to do the characters’ vanilla quests but not some of their AA quests. I don’t want to encounter a situation where I mistake the start of an AA quest as a vanilla quest and proceed with it until it starts to feel weird and I realise my mistake.

Also, I’m planning to play with Lydia’s enhanced dialogue mod which overhauls her vanilla voice with a new custom voice. I also don’t plan on romancing her. It’d feel weird when AA’s quest kicks in and suddenly Lydia reverts back to her vanilla voice.

Which is why I wouldn’t mind spending some extra time removing unwanted AA quests with SSEedit if that method actually works.

1 hour ago, horc00 said:

I agree that what you suggested would definitely be easier but I think it also messes up immersion somewhat. 

For one, I’d like to do the characters’ vanilla quests but not some of their AA quests. I don’t want to encounter a situation where I mistake the start of an AA quest as a vanilla quest and proceed with it until it starts to feel weird and I realise my mistake.

Also, I’m planning to play with Lydia’s enhanced dialogue mod which overhauls her vanilla voice with a new custom voice. I also don’t plan on romancing her. It’d feel weird when AA’s quest kicks in and suddenly Lydia reverts back to her vanilla voice.

Which is why I wouldn’t mind spending some extra time removing unwanted AA quests with SSEedit if that method actually works.

Well I certainly applaud the drive for immersion.  If you end up not being able to make it work by modifying the mod, you can always check the walk-through articles tab (which you may want to do anyway just to make sure you don't miss what you want, for example Riften area is a quagmire and if it's not done exactly right the AA quests can't be done without reverting to a previous save)  Mild spoilers maybe but not till you scroll down to the walk-through section, the first section is worth checking out to make sure the right NPC's are still alive.

It has been a while since I played through, but looking at the file structure on the download page shows a papyrus script (.pex file) for each stage, so it might not be enough to simply edit/remove dialogue.

2 hours ago, Marg597 said:

Well I certainly applaud the drive for immersion.  If you end up not being able to make it work by modifying the mod, you can always check the walk-through articles tab (which you may want to do anyway just to make sure you don't miss what you want, for example Riften area is a quagmire and if it's not done exactly right the AA quests can't be done without reverting to a previous save)  Mild spoilers maybe but not till you scroll down to the walk-through section, the first section is worth checking out to make sure the right NPC's are still alive.

It has been a while since I played through, but looking at the file structure on the download page shows a papyrus script (.pex file) for each stage, so it might not be enough to simply edit/remove dialogue.

Yes, I was using the walkthrough you posted to identify the quest names in SSEedit.

Unfortunately I know nothing about .pex files and how they work. I was kind of hoping that by deleting those quests and dialog entries, I can remove the dialog that kicks off the quest hence preventing it from ever starting.

1 hour ago, horc00 said:

Yes, I was using the walkthrough you posted to identify the quest names in SSEedit.

Unfortunately I know nothing about .pex files and how they work. I was kind of hoping that by deleting those quests and dialog entries, I can remove the dialog that kicks off the quest hence preventing it from ever starting.

A .pex file is a script usually compiled using the creation kit.  If there are source files included, ".psc", you can read the psc in notepad and even if you don't understand exactly what it all means you could see if it is moving actors around.  I could see issues arising with other quests if an actor isn't where they are supposed to be.  For example, Sapphire in Riften can bug out (I think because of AA) and stays up in the town area instead of going back to the thieves guild like she normally does, which causes part of the thieves guild quest chain to stall unless you move her.   So if you run into an issue like that you may end up having to use the command line to either move yourself to the actor if you can't find them where they are supposed to be or move the actor to where you are (just don't use place at me, only use moveto).  Just make sure you have a good save backed up before you move people just in case.

I'd say give it a shot and update the thread if it worked.  :)

Edited by Marg597
1 hour ago, Marg597 said:

A .pex file is a script usually compiled using the creation kit.  If there are source files included, ".psc", you can read the psc in notepad and even if you don't understand exactly what it all means you could see if it is moving actors around.  I could see issues arising with other quests if an actor isn't where they are supposed to be.  For example, Sapphire in Riften can bug out (I think because of AA) and stays up in the town area instead of going back to the thieves guild like she normally does, which causes part of the thieves guild quest chain to stall unless you move her.   So if you run into an issue like that you may end up having to use the command line to either move yourself to the actor if you can't find them where they are supposed to be or move the actor to where you are (just don't use place at me, only use moveto).  Just make sure you have a good save backed up before you move people just in case.

I'd say give it a shot and update the thread if it worked.  :)

Thanks for the detailed replies!

I hope my trial-and-error works out. I'll definitely update if it works!