SOS Ankle and hand seams even after uninstalling and reinstalling skyrim sse & MO2

@Ends_and_Memes, I've noticed on several of your posts that you have astounding powers of observation.  I can't even see the error!

I don't know the answer to your problem, just that your game already looks better than mine.  I didn't see any obvious problem on the load order or mod list but you're probably already more of an expert than I am.

37 minutes ago, ttts1 said:

@Ends_and_Memes, I've noticed on several of your posts that you have astounding powers of observation.  I can't even see the error!

I don't know the answer to your problem, just that your game already looks better than mine.  I didn't see any obvious problem on the load order or mod list but you're probably already more of an expert than I am.

Thank you for the input! Yea I noticed that the screenshots don't always highlights stuff to the degree that I see it in game, so maybe it just has to do with Skyrim lighting and the fact that I''ve heard there will "always be a seam" it just is more/less visible in certain settings.  I tried just SOS and it's requirements still got these seams. Also, weird thing is when the camera is up close (which is what matters for general gameplay & NSFW stuff lol) I don't see the seam as much, but it's much more noticeable when the camera is further away.

Here's some edited screenshots that highlight the issue a bit more, if anyone else stumbles upon this dealing with the same issue.

closefeet.jpg.7798b5f74ab9f48bbf9e815e2fb1fa6b.jpgInkedFeet_LI.jpg.696414c8c5912ad34296712596d2ed07.jpgInkedWrists_LI.jpg.da94ccdd2d0736e4952ee44ba080ebdf.jpg

Ok,  see now.  Yeah, it probably is more noticeable in game.  You're right that Screenshots just don't capture details as well. 

I have no idea if this would help or not as I don't know some of the body mods you have installed.  I don't think my rig can handle high-poly with the other mods I'm running.  But I saw this was posted in the downloads just a few hours ago:

It specifically says:

Differences:
- includes actually working fix for hands seam

- highly compatible with low poly version of SOS body, you probably will not get seams with outfits that using parts of low poly body

- smoothened hands and feet meshes, they are not spikey unlike other HD variants

- rig on hands and feet was redone by me, feet mesh was sourced from SOS files

Edited by ttts1
1 hour ago, ttts1 said:

Ok,  see now.  Yeah, it probably is more noticeable in game.  You're right that Screenshots just don't capture details as well. 

I have no idea if this would help or not as I don't know some of the body mods you have installed.  I don't think my rig can handle high-poly with the other mods I'm running.  But I saw this was posted in the downloads just a few hours ago:

It specifically says:

Differences:
- includes actually working fix for hands seam

- highly compatible with low poly version of SOS body, you probably will not get seams with outfits that using parts of low poly body

- smoothened hands and feet meshes, they are not spikey unlike other HD variants

- rig on hands and feet was redone by me, feet mesh was sourced from SOS files

It has to be something going on with Mod organizer or my hard drive? I installed the mesh you posted and still have seams, although the ankle ones aren't nearly as bad. Thanks for the suggestion though! Like I said I've not a clue at this point, maybe I'd have to get an external SSD and use that lol.

InkedScreenShot3_LI.jpg.8b9519ce5cd31cdb7b4a121e03ae6584.jpgInkedScreenShot6_LI.jpg.42f0e1544e2a41b7a956e4c9af830e98.jpg

Only other thing I can think of, and you have probably already tried, is moving any relevant files out of the "overwrite" file into a backup folder and to see if something there is causing it.  Or maybe just move the entire overwrite folder to a backup folder to test.  If nothing changes just drop the files back into the overwrite folder. 

I use a backup folder since I can't remember what mods I've used that require something to be manually added to the overwrite folder, so I don't delete the overwrite and then cause errors I can't remember how to fix.

2 hours ago, ttts1 said:

Only other thing I can think of, and you have probably already tried, is moving any relevant files out of the "overwrite" file into a backup folder and to see if something there is causing it.  Or maybe just move the entire overwrite folder to a backup folder to test.  If nothing changes just drop the files back into the overwrite folder. 

I use a backup folder since I can't remember what mods I've used that require something to be manually added to the overwrite folder, so I don't delete the overwrite and then cause errors I can't remember how to fix.

Yea I'm pretty good about clearing my overwrite folder. I make a mod called FNIS Gen put meshes built in bodyslide into their corresponding mods folders etc etc. I thought maybe deactivating all mods and looking in the vitrual folder would help, but nothing there.

2 hours ago, Ends_and_Memes said:

Huh, I thought tempered skins was pretty decent since I've seen it recommended a lot. Do you have a skin texture that you would recommend?

I'll definitely install ENB and see if that helps. 

I use The Veteran Skin, but honestly all of them will have texture seam on such pale skin like this character.
Maybe not all. And my mod was aimed to fix physical seams on hands of previous high poly body attempt. Not texture ones

InkedScreenShot6_LI.jpg.52d94ddb5582864f0c46e15761315d39.jpgInkedScreenShot7_LI.jpg.e22d2360bb7d06ef0c66ca705ce4dd96.jpg

1 hour ago, full_inu said:

I use The Veteran Skin, but honestly all of them will have texture seam on such pale skin like this character.
Maybe not all. And my mod was aimed to fix physical seams on hands of previous high poly body attempt. Not texture ones

Thank you for your advice and suggestions, using NVT for Cathedral weathers and tempered skins I still see the issue, going to try a different texture out to see if the seams are less noticable.

Edited by Ends_and_Memes
2 hours ago, full_inu said:

Yup seams are noticeable no matter the texture but enb helped. you were also right about the light skin making it easier to see, less noticable on darker characters. Ty for the help, I'm not expecting the game to be perfect, just thought I messed something up.