Pain mod

gsguns

Im playing as a mage,now I find it a little boring because the npcs dont give a fuck if they are being toasted or lighted,if I cast the spell at them they dont give a fuck and just keep striking you like nothing happen,its so not immersive.This is one of the reasons why combat sucks,my hits doesnt feel solid,doesnt feel like Im actually damaging something.Im playing the game with no hud but its a little of pain the ass cause there's no visually effect of the npc health status,there's no way to know if he's high,medium or low hp.I do not if it can actually be done,but seriously we need a pain mod to improve combat.PLEASE

• 2 weeks later...

The game would be to easy if they would just stand there and take it... I hit them with a sword and they don't die in one hit. 

........................................................what?

Anyways back on topic, just to clear things up this game is an RPG. So it shouldn't be like Call of Duty. NPC don't die in one hit in Skyrim due to the game being a RPG and with the level system its pretty damn obvious that you can't go killing people in one hit like what you've been doing in Call of Duty.

Oh wait I'm still off topic. Well let me clarify some confusion in your disappointing first impression of Todd Howard's latest and greatest creation: Skyrim.

npcs dont give a fuck if they are being toasted or lighted

engine limitation.

I cast the spell at them they dont give a fuck and just keep striking you like nothing happen

engine limitation.

my hits doesnt feel solid,doesnt feel like Im actually damaging something

engine limitation

no visually effect of the npc health status,there's no way to know if he's high,medium or low hp

engine limitation. Also is English not your native language? I'm starting to see a allergic reaction on my face, probably from the awful grammar and spelling mistakes I keep on seeing on the internet.

I do not if it can actually be done,

Before I state my opinion on this I just wanted to say that Skyrim is not meant to be played without a hud since because you mentioned that it was not "immersive". It is possible to play the game without a hud and still be immersed. However the only idea I can come up of is altering the weapon damage  so that it essentially is a one-hit-kill, enabling a realistic type of gameplay.

If you want a pain mod, a mod that enables realistic battle wounds reflecting from the weapon you use, then it is possible but it will take detailed scripting, texturing, and probably modeling.

If you want a pain mod that enables realistic behavior reflecting from the damage you do to each body part (and in detail by different weapons). Then it is close to impossible due to engine limitations.

The combat in Skyrim sucks because of the engine limitations. I guess you just have to deal with it.

Unless i misread the OP's post, i think what he meant was he had no idea how hurt the enemy was and i THINK he was asking for a mod to display an enemy's health bar. If that's the case, then that's a completely reasonable request because alot of RPGs do contain health bars for enemies. I personally would find love to know how much health some of the enemies have rather then just blindly attacking them until they die. Not like it matters for me, i used CK to make an insanely powerful bow so i can go sneaking around the caves and sniping all the enemies just chilling in their chairs.

...wait a min.. now that i think about it, i think there is a health bar for enemies... Sorry, disregard that, its been a while since i played skyrim, so i completely forgot there was a health bar for enemies.

And ya, i dont think english is his first language. There are a few people who use google translator to post their messages. And butchered sentences like his is the result.

Consider that you can spend perk points on destruction magic skill wich forces enemies to flee in pain and fear when struck by fire/frost/shock spells regarding wich you prefer and spent points into. Anyway I can reproduce your thoughts on this phenomenon if you would call it that. Coming a long way back from Pen & Paper RPG's I have my concerns about video games too. GURPS for example had this nice little feature called crippling injuries - and yes, even pain can be crippling. Can't recall video games wich contain such a feature too but I bet there are some. You might stick with a nice little mod so long wich enhances the enemies AI to make things more challenging for you....fancy at it is, it is called ---->>>

Enhanced Enemy AI: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/36478//?

The game would be to easy if they would just stand there and take it... I hit them with a sword and they don't die in one hit. 

........................................................what?

Anyways back on topic, just to clear things up this game is an RPG. So it shouldn't be like Call of Duty. NPC don't die in one hit in Skyrim due to the game being a RPG and with the level system its pretty damn obvious that you can't go killing people in one hit like what you've been doing in Call of Duty.

Oh wait I'm still off topic. Well let me clarify some confusion in your disappointing first impression of Todd Howard's latest and greatest creation: Skyrim.

npcs dont give a fuck if they are being toasted or lighted

engine limitation.

I cast the spell at them they dont give a fuck and just keep striking you like nothing happen

engine limitation.

my hits doesnt feel solid,doesnt feel like Im actually damaging something

engine limitation

no visually effect of the npc health status,there's no way to know if he's high,medium or low hp

engine limitation. Also is English not your native language? I'm starting to see a allergic reaction on my face, probably from the awful grammar and spelling mistakes I keep on seeing on the internet.

I do not if it can actually be done,

Before I state my opinion on this I just wanted to say that Skyrim is not meant to be played without a hud since because you mentioned that it was not "immersive". It is possible to play the game without a hud and still be immersed. However the only idea I can come up of is altering the weapon damage  so that it essentially is a one-hit-kill, enabling a realistic type of gameplay.

If you want a pain mod, a mod that enables realistic battle wounds reflecting from the weapon you use, then it is possible but it will take detailed scripting, texturing, and probably modeling.

If you want a pain mod that enables realistic behavior reflecting from the damage you do to each body part (and in detail by different weapons). Then it is close to impossible due to engine limitations.

The combat in Skyrim sucks because of the engine limitations. I guess you just have to deal with it.

Nope . He wants it real. So you will die to one to two sword hits.

Archived