Where to find base costumes for editing

Download and use archive tool from here

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ec6hz31s15fof

then update the file5lr.dat from archive tool to the latest one from here(you can use it to update LR Photo Studio and extract the models aswell)

http://www.modderbase.com/showthread.php?tid=160

then use archive tool to open .bin files that are inside the folder of the game, the tool is very intuitive and easy to use, it also extracts costumes from the DLC folder.

Edited by funnybunny666

Thanks, I'll be able to have a play around with this. Just a few questions.

1) Is it possible to place the nude body under the regular clothes? as I've noticed hiding/removing certain clothes seems to make body parts disappear. 

2) Is it possible to take one characters clothes and give it to another character?.

3) With Hitomi's C1 costume, how do I remove her bra? it appears to be a part of her shirt.

Ok now we are in full modding stuff, well, you will need blender and other tools and resources to do that and more, check this thread for that

I have a little experience in modding, visit my thread for ideas and what not, some inspiration, reggarding:

1) Is it possible to place the nude body under the regular clothes? as I've noticed hiding/removing certain clothes seems to make body parts disappear. 

R: yes, you can, it involves either enlarging clothes to fit the nude body or cut the base body and transplant nude parts without adding the whole nude body, some tweaking to the clothes if necessary, all of this to avoid clipping between nude body and clothes

2) Is it possible to take one characters clothes and give it to another character?.

R: of course, it's the corner stone of modding(one of them, at least), there are this tools named character transformer tools you can take almost any female costume and transform it, from one character to another(female only), some accessories and hairstyles may look crooked due o the differencies between body types, check the link above for info.

3) With Hitomi's C1 costume, how do I remove her bra? it appears to be a part of her shirt.

R: it is part of the shirt, to remove it use blender, since it's only the straps and not the full bra it should be easy to just import the shirt or the full model to blender, pick the shirt, edit the shirt, then export that shirt and reinsert it into the model and load the mod with autolink, you can swap that costume into the game as if it's a base costume without use autolink but that involves lnk_Reshuffle, but that tools is a little difficult to use if you don't have experience modding this game.

The models for the game consist in .TMC and TMCL files, .TMC has the 3d model and parts, TMCL saves textures, if you load any TMC in LR Photo Studio is loads by default the TMCL so you can see it with the textures, to use your mods in game you can use Autolink, install autolink in your folder game, then inside the Autolink folder make another folder with the name of the character of your choice in capitals, like for hitomi name it HITOMI and put all Hitomi mods inside, then run the game and in character selection screen in the details option all your mods will be able for you to choose.

Making changes in LR Photo Studio it gives you the option of save the TMC file whether replace the file or make a copy it's your choice, also you probably might stumble with other functions in LR Photo Studio like extract parts of the model, like skirts, jackets, etc. and reinsert modified parts into a model, it may be a useful tool, but it doesn't make everything, there are parts that require an specific configuration and LR Photo will not be able to reinsert them again, also most of cases you will have to configure the textures if you're reinserting a different part from other costume to another or it won't look properly, there's a basic tutorial in how make clothes transparent that explains some of it, as well as how to enlarge/shrink parts to fit a nude model, here:

Edited by funnybunny666

Well all I've done in LR Photo Studio so far is simply removing various clothing/accessories. Atm I don't want to jump into adding stuff or changing the materials etc as I want to stay at a lower level until I feel more confident about trying something a little more advanced.