[REQ] children using correct body meshes

NBIemand

Hi,

Lately I've been playing around with replacing the child body, mainly because it just looks awful, mostly on female characters.

After some tinkering with the CK I found out that the actual female child body mesh that was made by bethesda is not being used, at all. And so I went from wanting a replacer to simply wanting the correct mesh for both genders.

In the CK, there is actually a slot for both genders, but both slots use the male body mesh.

The female body mesh is not completely finished tho, and from what I can see just needs a BSDismemberthingamajigga, some minor adjustments to the T-pose of the mesh, and slight UV or texture adjustments(UV adjustments is probably the better option, but meh).

All other things needed should already be present in either the male or female nif file, but as the model is different in polycount, the BSDismemberthingamajigga of the male body can't be used.(At least I think that's why it completely shreds the mesh to pieces)

I am fine with actually adjusting the T-pose a bit myself, as that's something I know how to do. The UV map is also slightly different, but I can probably just retexture that real quick(I can probably just change the UV's actually, as they seem very similar). Then all that's left to do is the whole nifskope bogus, and I am really too scared to ever touch nifskope again, since everything I do with it ends with horrible death and despair >.>;

The mesh used by the game is located here: data\meshes\actors\character\character assets\childbody.nif

and the actual female body mesh is located here: data\meshes\actors\children\femalechild.nif

So my question is as follows: will someone be so kind to make a mod that changes the female child body to actually use the female body mesh?

As I said I can help with both texture and refitting of the actual model, but all the nifskope nonsense is just too much for me.

Anyway, thanks in advance to anyone actually wanting to do this, you're amazing!

~NBIemand

PS: I really dislike the apachii hairstyles, hence why I did not install CoTS, or pretty much any other mod I found so far.

hmm haven't tried xvision yet, actually o.o

Might try that, tho I am now kind of dead set on getting the vanilla female mesh in-game, haha

EDIT: while I have a look at xvision,does anyone have a guide on how to replace the body mesh? I believe I just need to make a nif file similar to the ChildBody.nif and replace the female variant in the CK with that mesh, but I've no clue as to what exactly I need to do to make that nif file work.

Anyone? Is it the same thing you do for making custom armor? If so I think I can do it, even tho I'll have to watch some of nightasy's tuts again. If someone could confirm what exactly we need to do to get that nif file to work properly, besides refitting of the mesh and UV map, I think I can just do the rest myself*

I know I probably have to skin wrap the mesh and adjust the weights where needed, then apply the BSDismember thing, and export it to nif format, but I'm not sure about the details. I think I need to import the skeleton from the original file too, for example, but not exactly sure what else I need to do.

Again, if anyone has, or is willing to make a tutorial on this matter, I'd be very grateful.

*Or I may just fuck it up a million times and ragequit, that's a good possibility too...

Archived