Hello there,

as some have seen, there is a patcher package at the Nexus, that claims to revert the Runtime version from an updated Anniversary Edition.

Downgrade Patcher

I took the 3G file and give it a try after the update. The big renewed files where edited by this thing, took around 15 minutes at all. After that many of my old mods start to run again with the 1.5.97 SKSE. Would be a bad idea to repair the files and i don't know what happens if i try to clean the esm with TesEdit again. But this looks like a suitable way, to use Anniversary with old mods again.

Zethaneff

I tried this but had problems. The downgrader worked fine but 1.5.97 would not launch the game. No matter what I tried I couldn't get the SKSE to work and start the game at all.

Testing goes on, instead of cleaning the old main .esm i unzipped the four files from my backup into the anniversary. So i have 1.5.97 with matching SKSE. Tried Myrwatch and Goldenhill without any problems. Crafted the backpack for my old PC mod.

Flaw 1:  Nemesis 83 and 84 won't work and quit with a script error. BUT Anniversary do work with the lastest FNIS, so i get TK-Dodge back.

Checked mods with the chimera version: Skydraenei, SLArousedLoose, SL.9, Prostitution Gigolo, Glowing Books, Akaviri Weapons.

I am pretty amazed to use both sides in one game, so the 20€ upgrade was a nice deal.

As for SKSE i did removed it for the update and reinstalled the old version after patching.

Zethaneff

This is a remastered creation ... I mean, it's basically like Fallout 76.

And why is that? It's very simple... everything in here is packed, and the fact is, the only thing that works is what the maker wanted. So it was converted into a unit. But, of course, the gaming camp doesn't like it. They were outraged immediately... because many of the previously produced works have been disabled without the functioning of the running environment.

I don't know what this is about... In my book, the game often began to shut down. And then he left the system and even turned off the machine. And I got tired of it.I put it away. Back then, I can see that things don't work in places, but now he doesn't want to fire me... there's just something not working.

But the shadow works well elsewhere...

--------------------------------

Ez bizony egy "remastered" alkotás lett ... illetve és lényegében olyan, akár a Fallout 76. 

És vajon miért pont az? Egyszerű... ebben is minden csomagolva van és tény szerint csak az működik amit a készítő akart. Szóval egy egységgé lett alakítva. De és a játékos tábornak persze ez nem tetszik. Azonnal felháborodtak... mert a rengeteg korábban legyártott alkotás a futtató környezet működése nélkül üzemképtelenné vált. 

Nem is tudom miben fáj ez... Nálam a játék korábban gyakorta elkezdett lekapcsolni. Aztán meg kilépett még a rendszerből is sőt a gépet is kikapcsolta. És meguntam, félretettem. Visszatérve azt látom, hogy helyeken a dolgok nem működnek azonban most nem akart kirúgni... csak valami nem dolgozik. 

Képek.

Spoiler

1666927184_SkyrimSpecialEdition2021_11_23.15_39_14.png.029b6bbddf7f16992e07cef437f99a30.png

Viszont az árnyék másutt szépen dolgozik...

Spoiler

1853005726_SkyrimSpecialEdition2021_11_23.16_43_08.png.fdee090d191d72ad1d8e799cf9d3eb53.png

Nem is tudom... de nekem ezzel a dologgal, mindig van valami problémám míg más alkotásokkal lényegében semmi. 

i’ve full backup of my 1.5.97 setup that worked perfectly. now that the 1.6 made the game unuseable (i tried the new skse, the game still remained broken), can i just somehow entirely disable steam game updates and restore the old game from backup and live happily everafter?

On 11/21/2021 at 5:17 PM, Zethaneff said:

Hello there,

as some have seen, there is a patcher package at the Nexus, that claims to revert the Runtime version from an updated Anniversary Edition.

I took the 3G file and give it a try after the update. The big renewed files where edited by this thing, took around 15 minutes at all. After that many of my old mods start to run again with the 1.5.97 SKSE. Would be a bad idea to repair the files and i don't know what happens if i try to clean the esm with TesEdit again. But this looks like a suitable way, to use Anniversary with old mods again.

Zethaneff

Having discovered Steam has kindly updated their client again and even removed the don't install between xx and xx hours my Skyrim SSE updated itself.

Tried the above with the smaller download (bestofbothworlds one) and so far .. seems to work. I know I have the updates as it's asks if I want survival mode turned on but I can run from SKSE OK and haven't yet noticed any problems. 

Only minor observation is the Font being used on screen actually looks a lot clearer! - So there are some benefits to AE at least 

Edited by jc321