How to understand Buffout 4 crash logs?

Buffout 4 is recommended by several experienced modders here, and it provides a handy crash log that may help identify the cause of the crash. But how do you make sense of the crash logs?

For example, I've been having predictable crashes at several points in my game, making me think that one of my mods is causing the problem. Here's the key line from the crash log:

Unhandled exception "EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION" at 0x7FF62CA57543 Fallout4.exe+1D37543

Does anyone know what the numbers before and after Fallout4.exe mean? Obviously the author of Buffout 4 knows, but he isn't available. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Basically the message means "I don't know what to do with this thing so I'm gonna crash".  Unhandled indicates that there is no routine in the code of the game, or the code of the mods which handles the condition that is happening at time of crash.  The string of characters after the "at" is a memory register.  And since the error isn't known, the game executable is part of the output.  The issue could very well just be with the game itself, but it's as likely to be an interaction with a mod.

Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but this is how I'm reading it.  I honestly don't know what the string after the game executable is indicating.  I guess it's a hexidecimal value?  It's a good question, and maybe we can figure it out.

1 hour ago, Marg597 said:

Basically the message means "I don't know what to do with this thing so I'm gonna crash".  Unhandled indicates that there is no routine in the code of the game, or the code of the mods which handles the condition that is happening at time of crash.  The string of characters after the "at" is a memory register.  And since the error isn't known, the game executable is part of the output.  The issue could very well just be with the game itself, but it's as likely to be an interaction with a mod.

Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but this is how I'm reading it.  I honestly don't know what the string after the game executable is indicating.  I guess it's a hexidecimal value?  It's a good question, and maybe we can figure it out.

Thanks, I'm going to uninstall as many mods as I can and see if I still get the crash. In the meantime I will post the crash log on the Buffout 4 page and hopefully someone can help me pin down the issue.