How to create my own survival mod ?

3 hours ago, Tinxi said:

To make survival more immersive, i am looking to create a mod that displays unique messages depending on time. 

Plz help.

Have you given Survival Options a try?  Friend of mine uses it and he likes it.  Just make sure to actually change the setting within the game difficulty to Survival so you don't make the same mistake I did.  I kept wondering why the mod wasn't doing anything when I had the game on Normal difficulty ?

3 hours ago, Marg597 said:

Have you given Survival Options a try?  Friend of mine uses it and he likes it.  Just make sure to actually change the setting within the game difficulty to Survival so you don't make the same mistake I did.  I kept wondering why the mod wasn't doing anything when I had the game on Normal difficulty ?

Wow! could i also use true storms with it ? i have about 4-5 weather mods installed together like Dead Sun, Post-nuclear Commonwealth (vanilla), Unified Commonwealth Weather and Seventy Six weathers for max immersion.

1 hour ago, Tinxi said:

Wow! could i also use true storms with it ? i have about 4-5 weather mods installed together like Dead Sun, Post-nuclear Commonwealth (vanilla), Unified Commonwealth Weather and Seventy Six weathers for max immersion.

I don't think a weather mod should interfere with Survival Options.

There is one known caveat to playing the game in Survival mode, and it has nothing to do with mods, but in case you weren't aware of it.  Since Bethesda introduced Survival mode, there is a condition that can occur when entering V.A.T.S. that can freeze the game, if the game is trying to apply "hunger" or "thirst" at the same time.  I had it happen about 6 or 7 times in my last play-through and I've had it happen once in my current play-through.  I don't use the patch I talk about below because I'm using Advance Needs 2 and I don't know if there's a patch for that one, and it's also no longer on the Nexus at this time.

Here's a good post with a reply that has great info in it, it links to the VATS Freeze Fix on the Nexus.  The other reason I mention this, is that patch has a patch for Survival Options specifically as well, so if you decide to enable Survival difficulty, and add Survival Options mod, I would recommend using the VATS Freeze fix "VATS Freeze Fix for Survival Options"  (You don't need both main files, just the one for Survival Options).