Game Version: 1.80.69.1030, WickedWhims Version: v166c, NWP/MCCC
10/17/21 01:17:19 Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".\WickedWhims_v166c\wickedwhims\main\saves\save_utils.py", line 28, in set_integrated_save_data
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Lib\json\__init__.py", line 231, in dumps
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Lib\json\encoder.py", line 199, in encode
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Lib\json\encoder.py", line 257, in iterencode
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Lib\json\encoder.py", line 179, in default
TypeError: Object of type function is not JSON serializable
TurboLib: Failed to save integrated 'do_not_remove_wickedwhims_sex_instances' save data. -> TypeError: Object of type function is not JSON serializable

Game Version: 1.80.69.1030, WickedWhims Version: v166c, NWP/MCCC
10/17/21 01:17:19 Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".\WickedWhims_v166c\wickedwhims\main\saves\save_utils.py", line 28, in set_integrated_save_data
TurboLib: Failed to save integrated 'do_not_remove_wickedwhims_sim' save data. -> TypeError: Object of type function is not JSON serializable

10 hours ago, GreyMouse said:

Possible Duplicated Mod Files (1): SalarmoJs_Object_SP_DressingTable.package

Make sure you take care of this duplicate file. And have you updated Wicked Perversions?

?

I found the duplicated file and deleted one version.  These had to have been there for a long time, so it seems unlikely they'd just now start to cause a problem...and it didn't.  I'm still getting the error.  FWIW, it the error always seems to occur during an autosave while the stripclub is open.  Maybe it's just a coincidence, but it's happened that way several times.

I'm using WP v3.1gb, which is the most recent.

Edited by merkle

That could be, I don't use the strip clubs so maybe someone else will have a better idea. It just looked like the there were a lot of instances calling on WP in the log, thats why I mentioned an update. Maybe try a fresh install, but if you're specifically getting it with the strip club, I'm at a loss.

?

Good news!

I'm getting the same error:

Game Version: 1.80.69.1030, WickedWhims Version: v168.5, MCCC/BMD/NWP
10/19/21 05:03:44 Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".\WickedWhims_v168.5\wickedwhims\main\saves\save_utils.py", line 28, in set_integrated_save_data
TurboLib: Failed to save integrated 'do_not_remove_wickedwhims_sex_instances' save data. -> TypeError: Object of type function is not JSON serializable

10/19/21 05:09:51 Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".\WickedWhims_v168.5\wickedwhims\main\saves\save_utils.py", line 28, in set_integrated_save_data

Bad News:

I don't have a solution. I think this occurs when an auto-save happens while a sex-instance is running. If you're running auto-save like me, it's most likely that. (It tried saving while one of your girls were doing their business...)

So, as long as you save while not doing that.. you shouldn't see the error.

2 hours ago, iforgotmyname said:

Good news!

I'm getting the same error:

10/19/21 05:03:44 Traceback (most recent call last):

10/19/21 05:09:51 Traceback (most recent call last):

Bad News:

I don't have a solution. I think this occurs when an auto-save happens while a sex-instance is running. If you're running auto-save like me, it's most likely that. (It tried saving while one of your girls were doing their business...)

So, as long as you save while not doing that.. you shouldn't see the error.

I've confirmed that I can trigger it with a manual save as well.  Also, it occurs only while a NPC is engaged in the nasty.  If my Sim is doing it the error doesn't happen.  It's strange, to say the least, that a save while a sex act is in progress would cause a problem, but there it is.  The ability to trigger it at will should help to track down the problem.  The next opportunity I get I'm going to test to see if it happens away from the strip club.

Edited by merkle
6 hours ago, merkle said:

I've confirmed that I can trigger it with a manual save as well.  Also, it occurs only while a NPC is engaged in the nasty.  If my Sim is doing it the error doesn't happen.  It's strange, to say the least, that a save while a sex act is in progress would cause a problem, but there it is.  The ability to trigger it at will should help to track down the problem.  The next opportunity I get I'm going to test to see if it happens away from the strip club.

Real bizarre that it kicks in on NPCs. Have you tried running a new game just to see if it replicates? Maybe something has corrupted in your current save.

?

3 hours ago, GreyMouse said:

Real bizarre that it kicks in on NPCs. Have you tried running a new game just to see if it replicates? Maybe something has corrupted in your current save.

?

I have not tried a new game yet.  I know of two other users (one above and one on the download thread) who have reported the exact same error, so it seems unlikely that it's something unique to my game.  Given that it seems to result from a combination of two discreet events happening simultaneously, it's not surprising that most people haven't encountered this.  I'm planning to experiment a bit to try to narrow it down.  I may try a new game down the road after that.

30 minutes ago, merkle said:

I have not tried a new game yet.  I know of two other users (one above and one on the download thread) who have reported the exact same error, so it seems unlikely that it's something unique to my game.  Given that it seems to result from a combination of two discreet events happening simultaneously, it's not surprising that most people haven't encountered this.  I'm planning to experiment a bit to try to narrow it down.  I may try a new game down the road after that.

I see. Again, sorry I'm not much help on this one, but yeah, multiple complaints makes it seem more that it might be a deeper problem. But a bit more experimentation couldn't hurt. Good luck and maybe somebody has a better idea than me.

?

My game runs via Steam Proton (so, it's the windows version of the game running on Linux) - so that'd rule out any strange oddities caused by anti-virus and such (since they can't interfere here).

I started seeing this error after upgrading to the latest WW and NWP. I don't have lots of CC installed.. mostly because it got annoying quickly after trying to hunt for updates for them after each game update that broke them.. so I only run a bare minimum amount of mods and CC.

In any case, I believe it's a mod bug somewhere rather than a user configuration thing as my setup is fairly unique and carefully checked/tested to ensure it keeps working (I doubt the other two users are on Linux, running the game via steam and vulkan :-P).

10 hours ago, GreyMouse said:

I see. Again, sorry I'm not much help on this one, but yeah, multiple complaints makes it seem more that it might be a deeper problem. But a bit more experimentation couldn't hurt. Good luck and maybe somebody has a better idea than me.

?

I've managed to narrow it down still further.  I have been unable to trigger the warning anyplace other than the strip club.  I tried three different places when NPC were engaged in sex and got no warning.  I also tried the strip club while it was open but during a window when no dancers NPC sex was happening - no warning (my Sim was getting a freebie from one of the dancers at the time, so that eliminates another possibility).  The only time the warning happens is when I initiate a save (or an autosave triggers) while a dancer/prostitute is servicing a client and it happens every time these conditions are met.  This suggests the possibility that the source could be Wicked Perversions rather than Wicked Whims.  I'm going to post this on the WP help thread and see if they can shed some light on this.  Given the specificity with which I've defined the exact conditions where it occurs and the ability to trigger it at will, it should be relatively easy to troubleshoot.

15 hours ago, merkle said:

I've managed to narrow it down still further.  I have been unable to trigger the warning anyplace other than the strip club.  I tried three different places when NPC were engaged in sex and got no warning.  I also tried the strip club while it was open but during a window when no dancers NPC sex was happening - no warning (my Sim was getting a freebie from one of the dancers at the time, so that eliminates another possibility).  The only time the warning happens is when I initiate a save (or an autosave triggers) while a dancer/prostitute is servicing a client and it happens every time these conditions are met.  This suggests the possibility that the source could be Wicked Perversions rather than Wicked Whims.  I'm going to post this on the WP help thread and see if they can shed some light on this.  Given the specificity with which I've defined the exact conditions where it occurs and the ability to trigger it at will, it should be relatively easy to troubleshoot.

Gotcha. Yeah, I'd say you narrowed that down pretty well. I don't use WP either. I keep it pretty simple and I don't get a lot of exceptions, so sometimes it doesn't take long before I am out of my depth in the help department I guess. Good luck over in Nisas', I hope I at least helped out a little bit, @merkle.

?