Headpiece Black Texture Ingame

For a certain mod that I recently downloaded, contains 2 headpiece/helmets. Both use the same texture, to my knowledge. The only different between the two items/meshes is the placement of the helmet when wearing either of the items (think of the ebony helmet/mask when open/close from bikini armor modpack). However, one of them items has black texture. I checked in outfit studio and loaded the mesh, which showed the textures there completely fine. But ingame, the texture is just full black. Any help on what is happening and how to solve this?

15 hours ago, LordZero said:

For a certain mod that I recently downloaded, contains 2 headpiece/helmets. Both use the same texture, to my knowledge. The only different between the two items/meshes is the placement of the helmet when wearing either of the items (think of the ebony helmet/mask when open/close from bikini armor modpack). However, one of them items has black texture. I checked in outfit studio and loaded the mesh, which showed the textures there completely fine. But ingame, the texture is just full black. Any help on what is happening and how to solve this?

Open photoshop or gimp and load the texture, if you see it black or purple is not the correct one, it is a dds_n

12 hours ago, lisander68 said:

Open photoshop or gimp and load the texture, if you see it black or purple is not the correct one, it is a dds_n

Thanks for the response. When I load in gimp, texture loads fine, not black or purple. All is there. Both items use the same texture and normal files. But strangely, only one of the items show texture ingame. The other one is full black.

I've checked in nifskope and was able to load the textures fine in there. Texture and normal paths are also the same.

I could upload some screenshots to show the problem if need. But really, it's just going to be a textured item and another one that is full black with no textures o.o

I do notice that the one that comes out fully black has a darker pink than normal in nifskope than all my other pink texture mods. But when loading the actual textures, it loads fine. Not sure if this is an indication of something. Shaders? 

Capture1.PNG

Capture.PNG

Edited by LordZero
5 hours ago, LordZero said:

Thanks for the response. When I load in gimp, texture loads fine, not black or purple. All is there. Both items use the same texture and normal files. But strangely, only one of the items show texture ingame. The other one is full black.

I've checked in nifskope and was able to load the textures fine in there. Texture and normal paths are also the same.

I could upload some screenshots to show the problem if need. But really, it's just going to be a textured item and another one that is full black with no textures o.o

I do notice that the one that comes out fully black has a darker pink than normal in nifskope than all my other pink texture mods. But when loading the actual textures, it loads fine. Not sure if this is an indication of something. Shaders? 

Capture1.PNG

Capture.PNG

It would be more appropriate to know what mod it is, so I can check it and see if it gives me the same errors as yours

5 hours ago, lisander68 said:

It would be more appropriate to know what mod it is, so I can check it and see if it gives me the same errors as yours

The mod is Owoheadwear from nexus. It's a pretty old mod, with posts long ago and author long gone. No posts on solutions. The author did make a last update for texture path fix. From the comments, seems like it may just be cleaning up the path.

5 hours ago, Lestat1627 said:

Missing mipmap

I generated/optimized the mipmap with CAO. No effect. But if the two items share the same texture files, wouldn't that mean that the texture files have mipmaps if one of them worked?

Messing around a little more, the problem is in the mesh/nif files, I think... I tried switching the "not working" meshes to the working meshes, but same results.

Now just wondering what could be the problem with the mesh file...

Also, the "not working" item doesn't have an item picture/preview when hovering over in the item menu, unlike the working item. Think that belongs in the creation kit area for fixing, but not sure if it indicates anything wrong. A lot of my mods have no preview and still works.

Edited by LordZero
2 hours ago, LordZero said:

The mod is Owoheadwear from nexus. It's a pretty old mod, with posts long ago and author long gone. No posts on solutions. The author did make a last update for texture path fix. From the comments, seems like it may just be cleaning up the path.

I generated/optimized the mipmap with CAO. No effect. But if the two items share the same texture files, wouldn't that mean that the texture files have mipmaps if one of them worked?

Messing around a little more, the problem is in the mesh/nif files, I think... I tried switching the "not working" meshes to the working meshes, but same results.

Now just wondering what could be the problem with the mesh file...

Also, the "not working" item doesn't have an item picture/preview when hovering over in the item menu, unlike the working item. Think that belongs in the creation kit area for fixing, but not sure if it indicates anything wrong. A lot of my mods have no preview and still works.

are we talking about this one for skyrim LE?

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/44098?tab=description

works fine for me. I made it a little brighter

ScreenShot500.png

ScreenShot501.png

ScreenShot502.png

Edited by lisander68
1 hour ago, lisander68 said:

are we talking about this one for skyrim LE?

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/44098?tab=description

works fine for me. I made it a little brighter

ScreenShot500.png

ScreenShot501.png

ScreenShot502.png

Yes, for LE. Huh... This so strange. O.O

Was it full black when you use the photo 2 and 3 version? Before brightening it.

Well, I use SE. Could be converting problems?

But I never had a problem with the conversion or using LE item mods. 

ScreenShot1.png

ScreenShot0.png

Edited by LordZero