Need Help converting Flip-flops

Parmadillo

Try these here, I think it's what you are looking for:

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35533

Download the newer file (of two)!

Dont't let the mod's title fool you, these were originally HGEC, but the foot mesh is replaced with Robert's feet.

To make sure I downloaded a Robert's RA file and pasted its feet into the flip-flop mesh. They are completely identical.

I've been using that mod for a long time. Could never stand the crude look of HGEC feet.

So you are a flip-flop lover, too? These things are incredibly cute (if the right girl wears them).

Try these here' date=' I think it's what you are looking for:

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35533

Download the newer file (of two)!

Dont't let the mod's title fool you, these [i']were[/i] originally HGEC, but the foot mesh is replaced with Robert's feet.

To make sure I downloaded a Robert's RA file and pasted its feet into the flip-flop mesh. They are completely identical.

I've been using that mod for a long time. Could never stand the crude look of HGEC feet.

So you are a flip-flop lover, too? These things are incredibly cute (if the right girl wears them).

I have a foot fetish in general.

What I mean is, I have that re-done version, but I use the DMRA body.

The flip-flop foot is too big for the body and creates a gap. Here, let me show you.

With flip-flops

TxzsQ.png

Without flip-flops

7xDO6.png

I want to get rid of the gap in the first picture, which is why I asked anyone to convert them to the copy of Robert's feet I got from a russian website (re-uploaded it to mediafire)(HERE), which fit with DMRA.

I've never seen these feet before. The dorsum - the foot's back - is steeper and the leg/ankle diameter apparently smaller.

With your mesh, I crudely assembled a nif of the black 'flops from the picture. Try it out: http://www.mediafire.com/?k52dm0ollk97ts6

It's just done in Nifskope. For a better result it would have to be done in Blender, I suppose. Wish I was a Blender crack to do it the right way. But maybe it is already working (it should) and looking good enough. Slight clipping was unavoidable.

Be sure to back up your original 'Flipflop_Black.nif' just in case.

I've never seen these feet before. The dorsum - the foot's back - is steeper and the leg/ankle diameter apparently smaller.

With your mesh' date=' I crudely assembled a nif of the black 'flops from the picture. Try it out: http://www.mediafire.com/?k52dm0ollk97ts6

It's just done in Nifskope. For a better result it would have to be done in Blender, I suppose. Wish I was a Blender crack to do it the right way. But maybe it is already working (it should) and looking good enough. Slight clipping was unavoidable.

Be sure to back up your original 'Flipflop_Black.nif' just in case.

[/quote']

Thanks for now, how do you change meshes in nifskope anyways, so I can see if I can do the rest myself?

EDIT: They worked except for the minor clipping issues, which you warned me about, now for the rest of the colors.

It's good to hear it worked. The clipping I meant is on the strings, they 'bite' a tiny bit into the big toe. Slightly worse are the foot soles that are visible through the flip-flops' soles when running. But that was the problem with the meshes from the start. I edited them once some months ago, but I couldn't get rid of the sole clipping. Z-scaling them just curved the strings even more and made the soles sink into the ground.

To make the colour variants, I recommend using the black version as a template. That way you don't have to edit the meshes each time.

Open the black 'flops in Nifskope and overwrite all your other colours one by one with the black version. Open one of these newly generated files, red for example. They are black as long as they use the black texture. So click on the strings or the soles and look at the column on the left. You can see the marked mesh highlighted there, a 'NiTrStrip'. Expand it completely with the '+' switches. There is a little purple icon like Oblivion's 'Mana Bloom'. This is the texture path we need to correct. Click on the icon and browse for the red flip-flop's texture.

Once found, simply double-click on the red texture to confirm your choice and you're done. Save the red version and repeat this for all the other colours, reassigning the correct texture for every variant. You don't need to worry about a texture's normalmap, it is assigned automatically as long as its filename matches the respective texture's' filename, with an affixed '_n'.

That is all you need to do to elegantly transfer the edits of one version to all the others. It will take only a few minutes.

Archived