Possible fix for PCEA and sex/animation mods

1. Make sure you've install fnis and pcea and any other sex or animation mod correctly.

2. Run fnis patcher with the pcea option ticked and/or skeletion fix option

3. Run fnis patcher again with pcea option unticked and/or skeletion option ticked

4. navigate to Skyrim\Data\meshes\actors\character\behaviors

5. rename 0_master.hkx to 0_master.hkx.bak

6. rename 0_master.hkt to 0_master.hkx

It worked for me and I wanted to see if it will work for other people. No more ctd on animation start and my pc is using her own unique animations.

Use at your own risk though. I cannot guarantee that this will work for everyone.

I'm pretty sure the all the npc's are using the animations from Skyrim\Data\meshes\actors\character\animations\PCEA while my pc is using the animations from the default folders in Skyrim\Data\meshes\actors\character\animations and Skyrim\Data\meshes\actors\character\animations\female which I have replaced with my own set of downloaded animation files.

This is the result after going through the steps I stated in the op. Though, I don't know if this is only happening on my game.

• 3 months later...

Archived