CTD’s with newly installed mods

Hi!

I have been Playing modded fallout for about 2 weeks now (after a long 2 years break)

I quickly searched up the lewd mods on the Nexus and mods in general here on loverslab. I decided I wanted to become a slaver of the commonwealth. I installed a bunch of mods, here under FG and bodytalk. and a lot of misc mods that shouldn’t affect anything (hairstyles, moles, brows, etc etc) and of course the bigger mods such as: unofficial patch, Armorsmith, and so on. 

Everything worked fine. I was experienced with these mods and could play the game how I wanted. I then installed Just Business because it seems like an awesome mod! (With its requirements) and a couple of animation packs and the AAF patch found here on LL. Everything seemed to work fine as it should. I could enslave some raiders, and have my fun with them, But I didn’t play for a long time, (30 mins) so I didn’t experience any issues. The next days I installed the following mods:

French Maid Outfit (With FG)

Delyte’s Charm Outfits (with FG)

All of the CCO clothing packs (with FG)

Agemos NPC’s

Money Mags

Syringe magic Ammo? Not sure about the exact name of this (shouldn’t affect anything)

The Handcuff mod. 

Combat Zone Overhaul

Keep in mind I also installed all of the requirements of the above mods and the mods before these. (Unless I’ve missed one and thats why I’m crashing). Im not new to modding in general, and thats also why I find this CTD that I experience so weird:

I then loaded up my save and wanted to Hunt for Another slave. I was located in Sanctuary and ran towards Concord. (Its a relatively new character, as I didn’t want the newly installed mods to break my other saves). I locked my slave up on one of the torture devices and left to find me some new booty. I then crashed when I walked near Red Rocket. I Got to walk into red rocket, for some seconds but then crashed after I was about to head on towards concord. I thought it was weird and tried again. Same thing happened. 

I then suspected it could either be the mole rats that spaens or dogmeat, so I carefully walked around red rocket, and I didn’t crash. I then headed towards concord and.. i crashed. On the way there. I saved a bit before the crash, and I observed that I didn’t crash if I decided to just stay put, or if I walked back or around. But towards had me crash.

I thought it was very weird and I used LOOT and FO4Edit to clean up the mods that needed it, and installed new versions of the mods that LOOT observed had newer versions. Didn’t fix it. 

I Got frustrated and tried deactivating some of the newest installed mods from the list above. Still the same issue. 

I havent gotten to try to deactivate Just Business, as I experienced crashes almost immediatly after loading up my save after deactivating (as it should of course). I also think it’d be a shame anyway, as its one of the core mods for the playthrough I wanna do. 

So my question is now:

Does anyone have any idea Whats causing this CTD? I tried walking around the location I crashed in before and it seemed to work, so now I could run into the spot that sent me to desktop before. I then tried to approach Concord even further. Crashed after I was in the middle of Concord. It seems like its random spots or locations that makes me crash which makes it insanely difficult to play with. 

Does anyone know a way to fix this? Or Maybe track the exact problem that causes this? It truly is frustrating. 
I’m willing to provide my exact modlist and load order if that helps track the issue.

(If I had to guess (What the problem feels like it could be)):

- Some sort of memory issue?

- An issue with Just Business scripts

- An issue with the AAF patch (dont know Much about this mod though). (Also still didn’t work after I uninstalled this exact mod... weird)

-  Maybe a compatibility issue or missed requirement for one of the mods (I doubt it, But It could be the case). 

Anyway Thank you for Reading this. I really hope you can help me fix it. Any help, suppport or ideas are welcome and appreciated. 

Thanks in advance. 
-Slaveannexer

UPDATE:

I managed to de-and reactivate Just Business. It caused me to lose the slave I had caught, But now I dont crash anymore. 

does anyone know if any of the scripts or code regarding the slaves in Just Business can cause CTD’s? It seemed to happen as I walked far away enough from Sanctuary. Perhaps the escape attempt? I had her locked up so she couldn’t escape, But Maybe it can cause CTD’s?

it would be good getting some opinions on this so I know What to avoid ?

• 9 months later...
On 1/11/2022 at 8:22 PM, Ozeran said:

How did you do it ? 

i know it's an old thread but i have the exact same issue with Just business that makes my game ctd

I'm not totally sure but only now that I've started learning to mod that I can guess possible causes of loading crashes I'd get before with any new mod.

It was hard to notice because I rarely use older save games until I started testing with my own mods...

(This includes exitsaves and continuing from last save)

Possible cause:

I never had CTDs during loading, unless I tried loading older save games having ALL the following conditions....

* If I recently installed a new version of a mod that was already in use by an older save game, then I try loading that older save game. 

* The recently installed new version's plugin file was updated but the plugin filename keeps the same name. 

Solutions I've found to work for saved games:

Solution1)

First pick an earlier save game you are ok with going back to.

Then if you can remember which mod that was recently installed, Uninstall that mod then try loading the older game save game.

If the older save game successfully loads, save it again, close Fallout 4, reinstall whatever mods.

(This solution depends only knowing which existing mod(s) you already have that are new versions and recently installed before the CTDs)

Solution2)

Trying using ReSaver https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/5031/?tab=files

Then using one of the options under it's Clean menu (No sure of which option would apply for a person's case). 

(This has worked for some mods for but, it depends the mod)