anything like dovakiin relaxes for oblivion??

M.BISON

is there a mod like dovakiin relaxes(skyrim) which lets your character not just stand there doing nothing and can:

• drink in taverns like everyone else
  • relax next to a fire place, lay down on back
  • sit down and read

just some of the stuff you can do with dovakiin relaxes for skyrim

also it should be compatible with lovers, basic primery needs

i just thought of my character lying on the beach then someone comes and stalks her!?  :P  daaam my mind is a dark place when it come to oblivion lol 

Guest ThatOne

There are plenty of pose mods with animations that fit what you described. If you can't be bothered to activate the specific poses each time, or it breaks your immersion, you will have to script it (the scripts required are rather basic).

If you want to make the animations behave like chairs or beds, you will need to attach the animations to the nif files. That's a lot more work, and you will also need animations that fit the specific objects. You can still do it (it's not difficult), but it will take a lot more time.

Guest ThatOne

Unlike Skyrim, Oblivion does not need a system like FNIS to run simple idle animations; a few basic scripts are enough.

This makes them incredibly easy to use, and as they allow one to express his or her character in ways that are not possible in the vanilla game there really is no reason to not use them.

Also, they are extremely easy to make - so if you want to try just follow this short and simple guide:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/10838-guide-blender-nifskope/

Make sure to read posts #1 and #16. #15 is for advanced animations, so don't bother with it for now. Also, you don't need everything in post #1.

There's also the 'Personality Idles 4' mod. It's scripted to play specific vanilla game idle animations when leaving the character inactive for a short while. Also included are context-sensitive animations like a 'hurt' stance when player health is below a certain amount. The mod however is not without its glitches and issues. I was using it for a while but got rid of it one day.

It's also possible to make items that act as animation tokens. Having such an item in the inventory plays the animation when standing still for a short time.

Archived