Help needed - A (WIP) mod like More realistic deaths.

I've been looking for ages for a mod that forces NPCs to interact with the PC after death. I don't want sexlab animations but, for example: Wolves, Sabrecats and other predators feed from the body rather than just walking away; bandits that loot the player after death etc.

There are mods on the nexus that do this, to an extent. Namely: Feeding Predators and Looting Bandits (Both SSE only.) These work... to a point. With feeding predators, falling in battle to a predator does not trigger the mod. The predator needs to discover the body and it does not do this after coming out of combat (even with extended death cam options, the mod just doesn't trigger.) However, the mod does trigger when, after death, I use the console spawn another NPC of the same sort that killed me.

What I've been trying to do is create a script that does the same thing: spawns a creature matching the NPC that killed the PC. The problem is , I know nothing about scripting and have been fumbling along through trial an error.

The latest effort is below:

Spoiler

Scriptname PredatorFeeding Extends ReferenceAlias

ObjectReference Property MyObjectReference Auto

Form MyBaseObject

bool Function IsInFaction(Faction PredatorFaction) native

Faction Property PredatorFaction Auto

ReferenceAlias Property ThePlayer Auto

Event OnDying(Actor akKiller) 

if akKiller.IsInFaction(PredatorFaction)
	Debug.trace("A Predator is closing in")
	MyBaseObject = MyObjectReference.GetBaseObject()
	Preparetofeed()

else
	Debug.trace("Not killed by a predator")

endif

EndEvent

Function Preparetofeed()
	Game.GetPlayer().PlaceAtMe(MyBaseObject)

EndFunction

The script is attached to the player as an alias in a story manager quest. I know the script runs as I have been able to get the log to read: "Not killed by a predator." The form reference appears to be faulty but I can't figure out why.

Also, when my new quest is running, it appears to stop the feeding predators quest from triggering at all, even when I use the console to spawn the creature. This makes me worry that this method of forcing feeding predators to trigger will never work.

I would be grateful if someone with more knowledge of this than me could give me a few pointers on the script and/or whether what I'm trying to do can actually be done.

Thanks

As an update:

I removed the filters and was able to run a script that spawned a new enemy of the same type that killed the player. This then triggered the other mods and worked quite well in testing.

However, it did not work when there was more than one enemy surrounding the PC when they died. (The new spawn just say there doing nothing like the others. No idea why) Worse, I didn't factor in that some enemies don't use the standard forms so a random thief encounter caused a CTD when the additional NPC spawned.

Back to square one I'm afraid.

• 2 weeks later...

This one works, video attached

On 9/17/2018 at 8:40 AM, mitko2211231 said:

Howdy people! From what I can see the completion of this project was quite anticipated but it kinda got "put on hold". What's worse is that the download link to the mod no longer works. So I decided to reupload the file! I'm keeping it in my drive account so it should stay up for a while. To the author of the mod - if you would like me to take the link down just go ahead and pm me or make a post here, it'll be down as soon as I read it. Anyways I do hope the project gets resumed eventually, I would love to see it finished! Until then tho have fun with this version.
Also as a P.S. - I have been using this mod in Skyrim SE, what I did was just put the mod in NMM and it handled itself, launched SSE, waited for a bit and voila, the MCM menu got registered, all options were working and every animation was a-ok. So to anyone wondering if it works with SSE, it does indeed work, probably just as good as it does in Oldrim.

More Realistic Deaths

• 1 year later...