Clothing Removal Tutorial

WORK IN PROGRESS
(but should still be useful)

I'm a competent newbie here. I'm working with forum patchwork and outdated sources but trying my best.
I'd get some help here if I can. All the steps should be kinda right-ish, but I'm having a fatal error when importing into .g1m. I'll amend the guide when I figure it out.

File types:

• .g1t (compiled texture file)

• .g1m (compiled mesh file)

• .g1m.xml (text editable file extracted from .g1m file)

• .mtl (matieral file)

• .mtl.txt (text editable file extracted .mtl file)

• .vb (3D mesh file)

GOAL:
        Apply new clothing to saafrat's nude base.
        Character: Leifang

Adding: Shoes and gloves from LEI_COS_004.

(REDELBE installed and working.)

• Extract .g1m files from CharacterEditor.rdb.bin from DEAD OR ALIVE 6 install directory via rdbtool (click and drag).

• Select the 'main .g1m' file that has the majority of parts needed. For me, this is saafrat's nude body mesh.

• Export via click-and-dragging the .g1m over the .g1m_export_with_vgmap.bat.

• Install 3DMigoto plugin to Blender 2.7.

• NOTE: Edit in Blender 2.7 specifically or else 3DMigoto will not work!

• Import all .vb and .ib files of the mesh with the desired parts as 3DMigoto raw buffers (.vb + .ib)

• Make edits. Delete whatever is unneeded.

• NOTE: In Blender, change to Edit Mode. Turn off “Limit selection to visible.” Short cut 'B' for box selection.

• Transfer bone weights:

• Select upside-down triangle icon under the meshes dock ('Data Object data'). While new imported mesh is selected, open the 'Vertex Group' tab and remove all vertex groups with the black arrow icon → Delete All Groups

• Select mesh tranferring weights from (source body mesh), then shift-select the mesh transfering weiths to (destination clothing mesh).

• NOTE: Make sure source and destination meshes are visible!

• Select Weight Paint Mode.

• Go to the Weights Tab.

• Make sure “Create Data” is checked.

• Vertex Mapping: Nearest Face Interpolated

• Source Layers Selection: By Name

• NOTE: Make sure the body mesh is unedited! (maybe?)

• Press 'space'. Type “Assign new 3D Migoto vertex groups”.

• Vertex group step '3'

• Export as 3DMigoto raw buffers (.vb + .ib)

• Import (only?) the .vb file back into original 'main .g1m' file via g1m_import.exe. The base .g1m file should still be next to the exported folder. Copy and replace the new exported .vb file to the export folder. Click and drag the .g1m over import_g1m.exe.

• ERROR: Exported meshes crash the game upon selecting.
    This didn't happen originally, as I have a working model (see above; merged body and shoe/glove mesh). I don't know what I'm doing wrong here.

Assigning Textures:

• Extract .mtl files from MaterialEditor.rdb.bin from DEAD OR ALIVE 6 install directory via rdbtool (click and drag).

• Extract .mtl via fid_utility.exe for .mtl.txt file

• Refer to .mtl.txt for materials assigned to which mesh set.

• Identify materials (ex: MPR[...]COS004_a01,0 means a01 (gloves/shoes mesh) is assigned material/matpalid 0.

• Extract .g1m.xml via g1m.xml

• Refer to .g1m.xml. Identify submesh. (ex: <Submesh idx=”10”> Same as ###.vb.

• Change 'matpalid value' in .g1m.xml to that of desired texture (ex: a01's 0 for gloves and shoes texture on 10.vb)

• Scroll down to next subsection
    <MeshesSection>
    <LodGroup idx=”0” auto=”true”>
    <Mesh idx=”
    #”>

• # = block with mesh idx (ex: <Mesh idx=”9”> […] <Submeshes value=”10” />) Mesh idx is a mesh block, not the submesh itself. The Submesh value is matches the Submesh idx value above.

• NOTE: <Shader value="@DC694116" /> is a skin shader.

• NOTE: <Shader value="@1FE387E1" /> is a common default material shader.

• Refer to original mesh id (ex: 3.vb → <Submeshes value=”3”/>  <Shader value=”@########” />) where ######## is the original shader id.

• Import .g1m.xml back into the original .g1m.

• Place .g1m into 'Character' folder of mod via REDELBE.

Resources:

Spoiler

Woohoolink - QUESTION:  Will these mods be compatible with alternate material files (g1t) that add pubic hair, tatoos, etc ?

Thank you for this post.  I would much prefer creating a g1m file than using ini files.  Playing the game with 3DMigoto is unstable and glitchy.  Glad to have an alternative method that runs off the base program.

16 hours ago, mapzilla said:

Woohoolink - QUESTION:  Will these mods be compatible with alternate material files (g1t) that add pubic hair, tatoos, etc ?

As far as I know, yes.

I'm using custom .g1t files already. The above guide only tells the meshes which texture ids to reference, not which texture itself.

To change textures, you just need to extract them with g1t_extract.exe (from g1t_tools; linked above), make your edits, and replace them with g1t_replace.exe. Then slot the new textures in your mod's folder as is standard with Layer2 REDELBE installation.