Adding more sounds to Sexbound?

So I posted this in the support for sexbound but just in case nobody sees it I'll try posting it here.

Does anyone know how i can go about adding more sound effects to sexbound? I already have a collection of sounds, I just want to make it so that sexbound doesn't just use one sound effect for thrusting, cumming and bed thuds because the one sound effect can get a bit boring. Do I just put the other sound effects in the appropriate folders and the mod will just take whatever sounds are in the folder or does it need to be specified somewhere?

I'm not entirely well versed in sexbound coding, but I can almost guarantee you its probably gonna take more than plonking new sounds into the folder and leaving it be. Bare minimum its gonna take editing one or some of the config files strewn within the mod.

9 hours ago, Ebesint said:

I'm not entirely well versed in sexbound coding, but I can almost guarantee you its probably gonna take more than plonking new sounds into the folder and leaving it be. Bare minimum its gonna take editing one or some of the config files strewn within the mod.

Well I did manage to add about six more cum sounds, all I had to do was add the pathways to those sounds at the bottom of the climax module config file. I was thinking it was the same with the other sound effects but I can't find any config file that addresses the thrusting or thudding sound effects. If anyone can tell me where or how to register those effects, I can make the game sound way better and much MUCH sexier. Is it in a config file or is it much more complicated than that, because I've never done scripting before.

Okay, so I found where the sounds for thrusts are being called but am having trouble getting it to work. The file is artwork/humanoid/twoactor.animation as well as artwork/humanoid/twoactors-centered.animation

It calls the sound on a certain frame of animation for every single position. I went to every position and added the pathways to every other sound in the same way the climax plugin config file did thinking this would work in the same way, calling a random sound to be played from this array. Apparently it didn't work like that and it just plays all the sounds at once, resulting in a very unpleasant combined noise. I'm trying to figure out how to get them to play randomly and one at a time but with my limited knowledge on coding I'm just absolutely going insane.

For the love of god somebody please help me. I've been at this for hours.

Edit: I'll be more than happy to upload my sound effects and a tutorial on how to add them in to the game as soon as someone can help me with this.

Update: I have hit a wall. Trying to get more than one thrust sound to play randomly is beyond my capabilities. It seems to be related to the fact that when you list a bunch of sounds in after where it says "immediateSound" it will just play those in sequence one immediately after the other. It appears "immediateSounds" is a function that works differently. I have no idea how to turn this into an array of sounds to be used randomly instead of in sequence. I'm officially stuck.

On 2/1/2021 at 8:03 PM, SixAndAHalf said:

Update: I have hit a wall. Trying to get more than one thrust sound to play randomly is beyond my capabilities. It seems to be related to the fact that when you list a bunch of sounds in after where it says "immediateSound" it will just play those in sequence one immediately after the other. It appears "immediateSounds" is a function that works differently. I have no idea how to turn this into an array of sounds to be used randomly instead of in sequence. I'm officially stuck.

Take your time to find the solution. After all, Rome wasn't built in a day.

On 2/5/2021 at 5:19 PM, kiraqueenbestwaifu said:

Take your time to find the solution. After all, Rome wasn't built in a day.

lol I appreciate the positive meme but some help would still be extremely useful seeing as I'm trying to do other things as well and don't have much time for sex game modding