How to merge leggings into body? [Blender question]

So I really want to remove the purple leggings on Nyotengu's graphite bodysuit outfit so that skin will be visible instead of the purple leggings  (below)

image.thumb.png.fa04ecaebb29bca551ea33a623934dc9.png

But these leggings are not part of the body. So in Blender, I managed to merge the leggings and my custom body top (with boobs) together to create a body I can replace with and then blending the vertex groups together using the "merge 3dmigoto poses" method. But it seems like the body mesh doesn't know what to do with the butt and side of the legs and I get a horrible result. It does however seem to get the pelvic region correct though.

image.thumb.png.1726c44e065bf0396ff9bc9646df7353.png

image.thumb.png.4ec8dc8d06d50a2116171e6f3834b32c.png

What is the trick to making this work??? This is a new mesh modding problem I have come across. Any help from experienced modders would be appreciated!

Hi Sarsha. Yes the first video is how I learned to do everything so far. I will take a look at this 2nd video though as this is new for me.

So the first video is what I described as the "merge 3dmigoto poses" method. I've always used the Orchid nude body as the replacement body and this has worked for many outfits. However with this one from Nyo, the body for that outfit is only from the torso upward. So there are no weights assigned to the legs. This introduces a unique problem I've yet to come across where the body from the outfit itself doesn't have assigned weights because that part of the mesh doesn't exist. I was hoping someone had an idea of how to solve this problem.

Decided to check this out on the silver variant of the SR
Did a quick replacement of the body mesh with the common nude body and I got this
The upper knee and below of the SR's body weights have no weights, I can imagine two ways you can go about this. You can delete the parts of the legs up to the areas that intersect with the tights (pic below) or you'll need to replace the tights themselves with your own body mesh, the latter which I have yet to try myself

blender.png.28653b11ab7322c31e9d41efbc0a5097.png

33.thumb.png.f6f29f4bdd9d1da28c92f8f537038666.png

I've noticed that if you try to use the body weights for the body mesh there will be some clipping and caving in of the groin area

55.png.daabec66fd3c8972ad38cb1dd5981567.png