High detail, low file size female skins?

Guest SemiPr0

Guest SemiPr0

I know I'm asking for the moon here cause I do a lot of texture work myself.

I'm a CBBE user and I'm quite spoiled by my frankensteined Navetsea skin that I've mixed up with a few other texture mods to get a super realistic look.

And largely I'm happy with that look but my Skyrim on the other hand is not happy about it and I end up exceeding 1.8GB of memory and the process predictably freezes after that regardless of everything I've tried to make it stop happening (I've got 16GB of RAM, I'm running all the TESV associated processes as administrator, my Skyrim config is tweaked to the nines trying to squeeze as much stability out of it as I can and whats more I use SMCO to optimize texture file sizes.) But regardless of all the previous nothing I do stops the game from freezing at above 1.8 gigs of memory.

Going through and testing mod pulls to see if I could keep my memory under 1.5GB I ended up uninstalling my skin assets and just running the base CBBE skin (which is kinda bland and doll like in comparison to Navetsea) but oddly enough after doing so even outdoors my Skyrim rarely exceeded 800MB.

Something about running the Navetsea skin set is causing my Skyrim to load nearly a gig more of data (sounds insane but its how it looks) at all times....so I guess I'm looking for a nice looking skin that is more detailed than the CBBE standard skins which are uh....kinda horrible, but aren't causing such a load on the Skyrim process that it causes a freeze.

Anyone got any favorites that exceed the CBBE standard quality, but aren't gigantic memory hogs?

I know you said to ignore this but were you using Navetsea's body changer esp by any chance? That could be the cause of the memory issue. Even more so if you were swapping in some of the hd skins in your frankenstein configuration.

Of course Maevan's replacer is great too though.  :)

Guest SemiPr0

No I always removed the BaseveauMC components and the normal maps used for it. I didn't find them necessary as I was using a custom normal map I'd put together for awhile then switched to the Battlehardened normal map most recently.

But yeah the Muscle Changer component of it was always removed in my install....and it still makes a huge difference...which is sad because I really like Navetsea's work and use their skins exclusively in other games...and I'd prefer to keep using it in Skyrim too but I also prefer not to freeze and crash with frustrating regularity.

Archived