Beauty (cosmetic)

Hi all, do anybody know how it can be removed the Beauty trait (only the cosmetic, no the genetic part) in women? I use Character beautification mod because it has 7 different head textures, some with more, others with less make up, so I would love to maintain the look I've chosen if I have Beauty trait. 

If it's not possible, can anybody create a mod where you can choose with a button (toggle) if you want to see or not the changes in the face if the char has the beauty mod (obviously mainting the genetic part of the beauty trait)? I'm asking this because I'm not a modder.

I don't think it's easy to toggle.

You can alter the game files yourself. I'm not the foremost expert on character appearances, but try this approach:

Go to 00_traits.txt and disable genetic_constraints_all = beauty_1 . Just place a # in front.

If that is not enough, try commenting out the beauty_good_1, 2, 3 traits as well in 00_trait_modifiers.txt in the gfx/portraits/trait_portrait_modifiers folders.

That is the quick and dirty solution. To make the change persistent through updates, take the changed sections and make an otherwise empty mod with just them.

8 hours ago, bunt776 said:

I don't think it's easy to toggle.

You can alter the game files yourself. I'm not the foremost expert on character appearances, but try this approach:

Go to 00_traits.txt and disable genetic_constraints_all = beauty_1 . Just place a # in front.

If that is not enough, try commenting out the beauty_good_1, 2, 3 traits as well in 00_trait_modifiers.txt in the gfx/portraits/trait_portrait_modifiers folders.

That is the quick and dirty solution. To make the change persistent through updates, take the changed sections and make an otherwise empty mod with just them.

Thank you very much, bunt776. While I was tweaking 00_trait_modifiers.txt in the gfx/portraits/trait_portrait_modifiers folder the way you've explained, I tried another thing: I've changed the way it applies to the char face (=mode), instead of replace I wrote add and now I have the change of the head morph, but the mod textures of the face are there without any change. A win-win ?

Again, thanks for your answer and explanation.