Tried porting NV mod to FO3, hit a snag.

Dude500X

Ok I'm trying to convert Exeters leather armors from New Vegas for my own use in Fallout 3.

I followed a youtube vid to change the master via FOMM Tessnip and I did that and now the plugin is recognising Fallout 3's ESM as the master.

But, when I use the ID code from Tessnip to add the armors via console it just says there is no such thing pretty much.  I also put the dynamic 2 digits that are load order dependent into the code when I typed it in via console.

essentially I typed

Player.additem 40000dc6 1

Is there some crucial step I am missing??

The plugin has information for the Mojave worldspace, so for safety I would use FNV Plugin first and remove that group entirely.

You need to go into TESSnip again and in the HEDR section above where you changed the masters, you need to edit it (double-click on HEDR) and change the version from 1.32 to 0.94.

When I did that additional step, the armors showed up in Fallout 3.

FO3Edit did complain about subrecords in the armor though, so I don't know if things will get weird later.

if you got the plugin working for Fallout 3 could you upload it for me?  Exeter says in his disclaimer that its ok to do this with credit and we all know these armors are his so I dont see there being a problem.

Very grateful if you can do this for me bro.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a bit late but those aren't the Item IDs. There is a MUCH easier way of doing this. Open up FOMM and right click on the esp of the leather armor and then press open in TESNip. Then press File>New and press the plus next to the original esp. Copy and paste everything except the parts called CELL, CONT, or WRLD. Then open it up in GECK and add it someplace in the wasteland, hope this helps.

Archived