NpcSpawner+ Integration?

So, it should be noted, I am the barest amateur at mod creation. However, I've messed around enough to have a small idea how certain mods work, and it strikes me that NpcSpawner+ would be INCREDIBLY useful for certain things in Starbound that have thus far not been possible/seriously attempted.

What NpcSpawner+ and it's related mods allows you to do is not only create and spawn in custom NPCs, but actually export them as an item in your inventory. This allows you to actually move NPCs - something you couldn't really do before - and save them to spawn in later if you want to. You can also use exported NPCs created using this to populate your colony deeds using the related Tenantator mod.

My thought is, what if we were to use this system for things in, say, Sexbound? To my knowledge, one of the main obstacles to things like serious bondage furniture and related items is the fact that you can't really make NPCs use it, and so bondage items tend to be decorations only, and are pretty limited in their variety. My thought is that you could use custom NPCs created and exported in this system to generate really customizable and potentially even interactive items!

For example, if anyone remembers the old Adult Objects mod, there were a bunch of different decorations featuring bound Avians, Hylotl, Humans, etc. The problem was that there was essentially only one appearance for each species, and so the mod got pretty samey after awhile. Imagine, however, if you had a similar mod, but were able to stick your own custom NPCs in them? You don't even need very many items, the variety comes from the "contents" as it were. Got a tenant you don't like, perhaps? Instead of just dismissing them and starting over, you could export them, set them up in a pillory at the center of your settlement, and maybe even watch the other tenants take their turns with them before having a go yourself.

Bondage is also just the most obvious use I could think of, I'm sure there are others.

Sadly, I'm not this mod's creator, and I don't know what they would think of putting it to such a use, but frankly it seems to me like a potential goldmine for this community.

• 1 year later...