Stockings, leggings, and tights during woohoo

20 hours ago, sgtpeppers47 said:

Hello! I was wondering how do you get Stockings, leggings, and tights to be removed during woohoo animations?

No easy way that I know. This part is ONLY for CC packages!!! You will need to download s3pe (google it, and read how to use it... there are many hits for it). Make a copy of the original package incase of a mistake! Open the package in s3pe, highlight the CASP. At the bottom, click "Grid". In the new window, 5 or 6 lines down, you see "Clothing". Click to highlight that, and on the right of that line, you'll see an arrow. Click that and the menu opens. Scroll down to "left garter" and click that. The stocking will now be listed in your CAS as left garter. What KW sees to remove during woohoo. NOW... start your game, and in the KW settings, click Underwear> Panties> Add Panties, and type in the reskey of the item you want to come off during woohoo.

Items that are part of the game files, have a few extra... VERY IMPORTANT steps...

BE CAREFUL, AND NEVER ALTER GAME FILES!!!!!!!!!!

Go into C:Programs> Origin Games> The Sims 3> GameData> Shared> Packages. COPY (I simply can not stress this enough!) "FullBuild0" to desktop, or wherever you wish to work. Please reread the red, large, bold type above!!!! If you screw up any files inside the C:Programs files, you will probably need to reload the game from scratch. BUT... you can copy anything in there and work on it outside.

With your game running, take a sim into CAS. Go to the item that you want to make able to come off. Right click on the thumbnail. This will generate a ScriptError file in your Documents> ElectronicArts> The Sims 3 files. It will be toward the bottom, between "scriptCache" and "simCompositorCache". There will also be an error message in your upper right corner while in CAS. The first that I mentioned can be opened with notepad.

Where it says Instance: 0x???????????????? is the number you want. Open your COPY of FullBuild0 with s3pe. In the bottom section, click the box for "Instance". Type in the number, 0x????????????????. On the left, click the box for "Filter Active", then click "Set". Now, only the items with that instance ID will show, usually just the CASPart number. 

Here you become a modder. Highlight the CASP and then right click on it. In the drop down menu, left click "Export"> "To Package". This will generate a new package with the CASP number in it. Name it as you wish and save it. 

Now, do the same thing as I said for any other CC package, and save your modified CASPart package. Place your new package into your Sims 3 Packages folder, as you do any other mod. This new package will override the C:Programs file, just as any other xml, default or ITUN tuning mod. And, don't forget to register your item in the KW panties menu.

Unfortunately, FullBuild0 may not be the only C:Programs package with CASP number you will want to alter. Another tool is TSRWorkshop. Again, there are some instructions on how to use it on TSR. You will need to register your game and all of your EP's and SP's in TSRW for it to be able to find them. Here, you can go to the item you want to change, hover the mouse pointer over the thumbnail, and click "copy reskey", then paste it to a notepad. TSRW can tell you which EP or SP an item is from. So, you may then need to COPY other build packages to make changes from.

Remember that I said there was no easy way that I know of... especially to change non-CC garments.

BUT... if something doesn't work, just delete your mod package and try again. But NEVER alter C:Programs!!!! ))))

2 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

No easy way that I know. This part is ONLY for CC packages!!! You will need to download s3pe (google it, and read how to use it... there are many hits for it). Make a copy of the original package incase of a mistake! Open the package in s3pe, highlight the CASP. At the bottom, click "Grid". In the new window, 5 or 6 lines down, you see "Clothing". Click to highlight that, and on the right of that line, you'll see an arrow. Click that and the menu opens. Scroll down to "left garter" and click that. The stocking will now be listed in your CAS as left garter. What KW sees to remove during woohoo. NOW... start your game, and in the KW settings, click Underwear> Panties> Add Panties, and type in the reskey of the item you want to come off during woohoo.

Items that are part of the game files, have a few extra... VERY IMPORTANT steps...

BE CAREFUL, AND NEVER ALTER GAME FILES!!!!!!!!!!

Go into C:Programs> Origin Games> The Sims 3> GameData> Shared> Packages. COPY (I simply can not stress this enough!) "FullBuild0" to desktop, or wherever you wish to work. Please reread the red, large, bold type above!!!! If you screw up any files inside the C:Programs files, you will probably need to reload the game from scratch. BUT... you can copy anything in there and work on it outside.

With your game running, take a sim into CAS. Go to the item that you want to make able to come off. Right click on the thumbnail. This will generate a ScriptError file in your Documents> ElectronicArts> The Sims 3 files. It will be toward the bottom, between "scriptCache" and "simCompositorCache". There will also be an error message in your upper right corner while in CAS. The first that I mentioned can be opened with notepad.

Where it says Instance: 0x???????????????? is the number you want. Open your COPY of FullBuild0 with s3pe. In the bottom section, click the box for "Instance". Type in the number, 0x????????????????. On the left, click the box for "Filter Active", then click "Set". Now, only the items with that instance ID will show, usually just the CASPart number. 

Here you become a modder. Highlight the CASP and then right click on it. In the drop down menu, left click "Export"> "To Package". This will generate a new package with the CASP number in it. Name it as you wish and save it. 

Now, do the same thing as I said for any other CC package, and save your modified CASPart package. Place your new package into your Sims 3 Packages folder, as you do any other mod. This new package will override the C:Programs file, just as any other xml, default or ITUN tuning mod. And, don't forget to register your item in the KW panties menu.

Unfortunately, FullBuild0 may not be the only C:Programs package with CASP number you will want to alter. Another tool is TSRWorkshop. Again, there are some instructions on how to use it on TSR. You will need to register your game and all of your EP's and SP's in TSRW for it to be able to find them. Here, you can go to the item you want to change, hover the mouse pointer over the thumbnail, and click "copy reskey", then paste it to a notepad. TSRW can tell you which EP or SP an item is from. So, you may then need to COPY other build packages to make changes from.

Remember that I said there was no easy way that I know of... especially to change non-CC garments.

BUT... if something doesn't work, just delete your mod package and try again. But NEVER alter C:Programs!!!! ))))

Thank you very much!

1 hour ago, sgtpeppers47 said:

Thank you very much!

You are welcome. Perhaps there is an easy way? If there is, I simply do not know of it. What I told you, I do all of the time. I have a folder on my desktop that contains perhaps 20 or so packages from FullBuilds and DeltaBuilds, and GameData from base game and several EP's. Once you do it a few times, it becomes fairly simple. Good luck!