Some sort of mutation framework? [Request]

I'm not really 100% sure if what I'm saying here is what I'm actually trying to go for here but bear with me.

What if there would be a chance every time you cross a radiation threshold or have sex with a mutated creature of the commonwealth to get some sort of mutation (permantent buff, debuff or a something that's both)? This could come up with just some basic stat value alterations, though this mod could integrate into or come with other major mechanics/systems where this mutation system could play a major part in. I don't think there would be anything inherently bad in a mod that would give just flat buffs and debuffs but I feel like something like this could be more than just that.

Some example systems:

1. Metabolism. This could come with ability for example to stack drug effects with a cost of being actually harmful beyond just the "addiction" status. There could be mutations that relieve this negative status effect. Though I feel like every chem should get a slight rework and new chems would probably have to be implemented in order for this to really make any sense. (... God I just realized this is like a fucked up version of the alchemy system in Witcher... I feel like this could be a mod just as is.)

2. I feel like mutations could potentially lessen the effects of wear from various stat mods (or affect those in other creative ways) like the semi new sex appeal framework.

I feel like there is a lot of potential in a concept like this beyond these examples I've given but I'm not entirely sure how plausible these would be to implement. Would these take too much time or effort. I thought about doing something like this myself but the creationkit introduction to papyrus is just... I feel like a lot of the words/concepts used in that page are aimed towards people that are familiar with coding, which I'm not really. I don't think my overall total of ~20 hours of java coding counts.