Good ol' OBSE error

I haven't really had any problems before that I wouldn't have figured out with some trial and error, but this one has me stumped.

The problem happens with LoversJoburg mod where I use the "Joburg NPC Settings" on an NPC and it tells me that there has been a script error and I should look at obse.log for further info.

As far as I know it's not really a load order error, especially since it's the first thing I tried changing, so I instead took a glance to the obse text file to see what it had to say.

"DoLoadGameHook: C:\Users\----\Documents\My Games\Oblivion\Saves\quicksave.ess
loading from C:\Users\----\Documents\My Games\Oblivion\Saves\quicksave.obse
RenameGameHook: C:\Users\----\Documents\My Games\Oblivion\Saves\autosave.ess -> C:\Users\----\Documents\My Games\Oblivion\Saves\autosave.bak
renaming C:\Users\----\Documents\My Games\Oblivion\Saves\autosave.obse -> C:\Users\----\Documents\My Games\Oblivion\Saves\autosave.obse.bak
DoSaveGameHook: C:\Users\----\Documents\My Games\Oblivion\Saves\autosave.ess
saving to C:\Users\----\Documents\My Games\Oblivion\Saves\autosave.obse
** Script Error: Script 0300f0e0 in file "LoversJoburg.esp" **
    Too few args for format specifier"

I also saw someone recommending to get Wrye Bash, which I did, but instead of going ahead and trying to figure this out in trial and error way, I decided to ask whether anyone here knows how could I fix this script error from happening.

You open MOD in CS, and an error has to check a script of displayed ID.
There are only few merely arguments.

How would one exactly do this? I did download CS, dug up LoversJoburg data and scripts, but this is where my knowledge ends... I can figure out quite a bit about the scripts just by looking at them, but am not completely sure what I'm supposed to be looking for, especially since I cannot seem to find a script that would have the ID of 0300f0e0.

EDIT:

Hm, actually I did find a script with an ID of 0200f0e0, which happens to be the the "xLoversJoburgNPCSettingSpellScript", so I do believe I have to tweak this script or generally do just something about it?

The displayed reference ID should be eight columns of hex digits.

Two columns of high ranks change then by environment because it is load order of MOD.

It is necessary for you to recognize order of MOD when you read target MOD in CS.

When there is master one appointed MOD, order of target MOD is 1.

In this case you replace two columns of high ranks of the reference ID with 01 and look for it.

Because this error message points out that there is little number of arguments, probably there may be few arguments of the function to display a message.

If you look for the thing that the number of arguments does not accord with the number of formats, you may find a mistake.

I am sorry, but I do not watch a script because I have not used MOD.

In addition, I cannot confirm it anymore because I deleted Oblivion of the English environment.

Hm, I did a few tricks with the mod, but unfortunately it seems like my efforts weren't quite enough. I downloaded all CS, Wrye Bash and TES4Edit to try and figure out exactly what was causing the error in the first place and how to fix it, but the error still keeps popping up despite my cleaning attempts, script fixing and such.

Tho I couldn't do much since even the programs themselves didn't seem to be able to find anything wrong with the mod nor it's master files Oblivion.esm and Lovers with PK.esm.

Never the less, thanks for the pointers and if anyone else has any ideas, am willing to try 'em out.

Because you could not find a cause, I checked MOD.

It is this version that I checked.

LoversJoburg.esp v1.17

I found the following malfunction.

scn xLoversJoburgNPCSettingSpellScript

line: 123

The original is as follows.

if f> = 0

MessageBoxEX "%n is set to be a stalker %rBecomes more excited when observing sex.%rReset from Joburg Settings| [back]| "f

else

MessageBoxEX "Level: [%.2f ]|] +0.50| +0.10| +0.01| -0.01| -0.10| -0.50| [set]| Back| "

endif

The argument of the MessageBoxEX function below is missing clearly.

Is this not a cause of the error message that you showed?
I think that originally LoversJoburg was shown in a site of Japan.

The documents which showed clear remodeling, the condition about the redistribution are attached to this MOD.

Remodeling, a redistribution are possible together if they meet the condition.

I checked original MOD, but the mistake was not found in it.

In addition, because it becomes the script unlike an original, a distributor remodeled LoversJoburg.esp of the English version or a distributor may be made from an old version.

I do not know the process.

It is necessary for MessageBoxEX to revise it as follows when I guess from an original script.

MessageBoxEX "Level: [Nothing]|] +0.50| +0.10| +0.01| -0.01| -0.10| -0.50| [set]| Back| "

But I suggest that you ask about this in a distribution thread because I am not a distributor of MOD of the English version.

Archived