Dialogue history mod/Scrip to return and store dialog spoken by NPCs

Ikwydls

TL;DR; how do I return random dialog strings spoken by Npcs in papyrus/skse script? 

Sexlab related mods fire up a lot of say events/ambient npc dialog. They tend to some times overwrite other subtitles before the player has time to read. 

Is there a way to return dialog spoken by a NPC and display it in a modded UI widget (or even above NPCs heads a la damage numbers mod) to essentially show multiple subtitles at once? I havent been able to find a mod that does this and im researching doing one myself.

I might be able to research mods like apropos or eny healthbars to display the extra subtitles, but i havent been able to find info on returning spoken dialog. 

SKSE has functions for accessing strings in various menus, some of which arent very helpfully described (fader menu), does one of them contain dialog subtitles? Does the dialog menu containnsubtitles spoken in non active/non menu dialog? Would modifying dialoguemenu.swf help? 

Im a skyrim modding and scripting noob (some C and C# practice and basic bannerlord dll modding, tried a bit of papyrus and CK usage) and I"d appreciate a bit of help so Im not going in blind. 

Dialogue is written in quests and there is no vanilla/skse/plugin function currently, that I am aware of, that can do that. In GameForms.h there is TESTopic and TESTopicInfo. TESTopic has a StringCache::Ref variable that may be the string spoken. However I do not know how you would navigate to a specific topic from the quest.

Archived