No viable sims to interact (WW)

After downloading WW, I have trouble with having my Sim to have sex. It says I don't have the right animations, while I downloaded a few earlier on. Teen sex is enabled (since my Sim is a teen) and when I click the bed for vaginal, it says I don't have the right animations for it, while I'm certain I do! It won't even let me select a sim.

What could be the problem?

One rather confusing quirk of WW is that teens having sex, and teens having sex with adults, are two different settings (and the other one is in a completely different menu). If your teen is trying to have sex with someone who's not a teen, that's probably what's wrong. I don't remember where to find that setting right now, but if you poke around for a while, you should come across it.

I found something, so I did that, I enabled everything, but nothing works. Even modding the relationship of the sims to soulmates didn't work. I keep getting the message there aren't any animations. It's for all besides a handjob with herself.

Wicked> Settings> Sex Settings> Other Options> Teens Sex Switch

Wicked> Settings> Relationship Settings> Romance Age Restrictions Settings> All All Age Romance

7 hours ago, xKimmetje said:

Even modding the relationship of the sims to soulmates didn't work.

That would only affect other sims refusing your proposition. Relationship status would never result in a "no animations available" message.

Wicked> Settings> Sex Settings> Other Options> Teens Sex Switch

Wicked> Settings> Relationship Settings> Romance Age Restrictions Settings> All All Age Romance

Yeah, I believe those are the right options that you need for teens to have sex with adults.

It's for all besides a handjob with herself.

Are you sure you do have other animations added? What folder are they in? What file type are they? (.rar, .zip, .package) What happens when you click on other locations, like the floor? (That should generally be the location with the most animations.)

The only other thing I can think of is to get two adult sims in the room (probably just add them to your household for this test, so you can control them more easily), and then have one try to initiate sex with the other. If it works, then it's probably something wrong with teen sex. If it still says you have no animations, then it's probably something wrong with how the animations are installed.

Variables are the different elements of your game that could have different effects and potentially cause problems. For instance, if your game was working fine, then you put a bunch of new package files in and suddenly the game crashed every time you loaded it up, then you'd have a pretty good idea that one of those packages was causing the problem. So the package files would be the variables. In that situation, you might want to take them out one at a time until the game starts working again, and then the one you just took out is probably the one that was causing it to crash. You're isolating the variables by taking them out one at a time. If you just took all of your mods out and then the game worked again, you wouldn't learn anything about which individual mod was causing the problem. The most straightforward way to figure out what's causing a problem is to do everything the same way, except that one single factor is changed. Then, if the problem isn't happening anymore, you know that variable is the one that was causing the problem. You can read more about isolating variables as part of the scientific method here.

With your problem, it's not necessarily as simple as one package file being corrupt, so I'm treating the elements within the game itself as variables that can be isolated. Initiating sex by clicking on the bed is an example of a variable. So you tried clicking on different objects and got the same message. If everything else was exactly the same as when you clicked on the bed, then you isolated that variable (by having that be the only thing you changed), and we can be reasonably confident that your problem has nothing to do with the bed location. So my next suggestion was to isolate the variable of the teen character, by trying to initiate sex between two adults. If you don't get the error message anymore, then we can focus in on figuring out what the problem is with teens having sex in your game. But if the problem persists, then we can presume that it doesn't have anything to do with teens, and we can start looking for a solution somewhere else.

Archived