Crashes To Desktop Every Time I Try To Start A New Game

DeeplyForbidden

I’m using Vortex, and listed below how my load order looks like. As soon as I try to start a new game, it loads for a few seconds and crashes to desktop with no warning. This only happened after I installed Schlongs of Skyrim earlier today.

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Dawnguard.esm

HearthFires.esm

Dragonborn.esm

Unofficial LE Patch.esp

SexLab.esm

Schlongs of Skyrim, Core.esm

Devious Devices, Assets.esm

Soulgem Oven.esm

Campfire.esm

SexLab Aroused.esm

Devious Devices, Integration.esm

Devious Devices, Expansion.esm

Devious Devices, Contraptions.esm
ZaZAnimationPack.esm

Skyrim-Utility Mod.esm

Lootification.esm

High-Res Texture Packs 1-3

Unofficial High-Res Patch

SexLab Inflation Framwork.esp

Schlongs of Skyrim.esp

MilkModNEW.esp

MilkModNEW HF.esp

SOSRaceMenu.esp

MilkMod_MilkPumpsFancy.esp

MilkModNEW CF.esp

SOS, VectorPlexus Muscular Addon.esp

Solitude, A City of Trade.esp

RaceMenu.esp

FNIS.esp

XPMSE.esp

VOBS.esp

Inigo.esp

Prvtl_HeavyArmory.esp

Deviously Cursed Loot.esp

DD_Helpers.esp

bac.esp

SOS, Shops.esp

RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp

UIExtentions.esp

ApJugs.esp

SlaveTats.esp

SkyUI.esp

RaceMenuPlugin.esp

Essential Followers All.esp

DarkwarerDen.esp

PrvtlRoyalArmory.esp

Apocalypse, The Spell Package.esp

Devious Devices, Equip.esp

SexLab, Devious Butt.esp

Dodge Mod.esp

Dual Wield Parrying_SKSE.esp

MainMenu.esp

Ordinator, Perks of Skyrim.esp

Perk Points at Skill Levels 50-75-100.esp

Skyrim Unbound.esp

Is it just because I have too many mods?

3 minutes ago, DeeplyForbidden said:

Could the fact that I deleted my previous saved files via Vortex and not the game itself have contributed to creating this problem, as well?

No. Deleting save games doesn't matter (other than no longer having access to that play through) especially not when starting from a new one.

If you uninstall SOS or deactivated it does everything work ok?

When you say it loads for a few seconds do you mean it loads into game and you get a few seconds of "game play" then it crashes or it starts to load but crashes after a few seconds before you get into game?

Just now, Mez558 said:

No. Deleting save games doesn't matter (other than no longer having access to that play through) especially not when starting from a new one.

When you say it loads for a few seconds do you mean it loads into game and you get a few seconds of "game play" then it crashes or it starts to load but crashes after a few seconds before you get into game?

It goes into the loading screen, then around the time the little “hint” message that always shows up in the bottom right corner changes to a different one and the music starts, it crashes. No game play time at all.

7 minutes ago, Mez558 said:

Good News: Without Schlongs of Skyrim it no longer crashes.

15 minutes ago, DeeplyForbidden said:

Good News: Without Schlongs of Skyrim it no longer crashes.

Good in that someone might know why SOS would cause that. I am struggling to think of one right now.

Could you install/activate SOS again and run FNIS and post the log (it should be under \Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\temporary_logs called GenerateFNIS_LogFile)

If you uninstalled it then make sure that XPMSE is lower in your load order after installing it again.

8 minutes ago, Mez558 said:

Good in that someone might know why SOS would cause that. I am struggling to think of one right now.

Could you install/activate SOS again and run FNIS and post the log (it should be under \Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\temporary_logs called GenerateFNIS_LogFile)

If you uninstalled it then make sure that XPMSE is lower in your load order after installing it again.

I messed around a bit and reset any rules between XPMSE and SOS to the LOOT suggested rule and now it seems to work

4 minutes ago, DeeplyForbidden said:

I messed around a bit and reset any rules between XPMSE and SOS to the LOOT suggested rule and now it seems to work

OK, no idea what you did wrong then but glad it's resolved.

9 hours ago, Mez558 said:

OK, no idea what you did wrong then but glad it's resolved.

Thanks. By the way, do you happen to know why my female character with CBBE would have weird un-textured spots going diagonally down in the area between their thigh and their crotch? I can’t insert images from file so I can’t show you what I’m talking about, but it’s just diagonal patches colored like her skin but not textured.

50 minutes ago, DeeplyForbidden said:

Thanks. By the way, do you happen to know why my female character with CBBE would have weird un-textured spots going diagonally down in the area between their thigh and their crotch? I can’t insert images from file so I can’t show you what I’m talking about, but it’s just diagonal patches colored like her skin but not textured.

Yes

The skin texture that is being applied is a UNP based on. I can't see what skin texture you are using as they don't show up as a plugin but I suspect there is a CBBE variant.

You should also notice the nipples don't match up with the mesh either.

2 hours ago, Mez558 said:

Yes

The skin texture that is being applied is a UNP based on. I can't see what skin texture you are using as they don't show up as a plugin but I suspect there is a CBBE variant.

You should also notice the nipples don't match up with the mesh either.

I don’t think I have any special skin texture mods. I’m just saying the default Argonian “scales” texture doesn’t even show up. Would RaceMenu Morphs, or anything related to BodySlide, CBBE, and BBP be causing it?

Archived