question about file/folder naming.

im having trouble keeping track of which mod is replacing which costume.

i'll see a modded outfit i like, put it in the mod folder and i usually don't have a clue which swimsuit i need to pick to view it. or even worse, i put two modded costumes in there that are trying to replace the same file. especially if the outfits are from different modders.

how are you all keeping track?

been forever since i modded anything, was back in the prime days of final fantasy 11. renamed the file name of the mod to the name of the file being replaced and then put the mod file in the same folder as original (after backing up original of course). back then you could replace any modded outfit with any original outfit (but that was when each body part had its own file name). looks like the current way of doing things is trying to make things easier without having to track down original files and is just so different than what im used to.

so i also noticed that there is a swimsuit switcher, costume customizer, and the 3Dfix- thing. that might be adding to the challenges i'm getting. im not sure what goes where. can only one of these methods be used?

and i don't suppose someone could point me to where the edit post option is?

while it may appear i'm talking to myself, i'm gonna try to pass along whatever i find out to whomever else is new and has the same questions. i'm shooting in the dark since the people who know are skipping over this. but if one of you all do happen to read this and want to correct my wrong assumptions, i'm ok with that. or if another new person is reading this and have their own assumptions, feel free to pass that along.

so while i thought they were just names made up by the modders, it appears that a lot of swimsuits on here were from SSR events of the past and can't be used by new people since we don't have access to old costumes. it appears that the modders did NOT change the name of the outfits. and each mod is exclusive to the original outfit and cannot be swapped out with another mod. (if a mod for swimsuit Peanut exists and i wanted to set it to swimsuit Popcorn, I cannot).

this is based off the 3dfix thing. still haven't figured out how to use the SS or CC. i did read the tutorials but still above my head for now. its like the instructions were in greek and i have to piece together the bits and pieces i do understand, to form a large puzzle.

i'll see if i can read the 300+ page modding thread from page 1 and see if i can get any new info.

On 4/17/2020 at 1:54 AM, crunchy128 said:

how are you all keeping track?

Uh, by the name?
Yes, some of the old mods have some random name decided by their modders, but you can just change the folders name with the correct swimsuit name

On 4/17/2020 at 11:20 AM, crunchy128 said:

so i also noticed that there is a swimsuit switcher, costume customizer, and the 3Dfix- thing. that might be adding to the challenges i'm getting. im not sure what goes where. can only one of these methods be used?

and i don't suppose someone could point me to where the edit post option is?

Costume customizer is just switching Takao swimsuit, & Swimsuit Swapper is swapping Champ Elysees.
It's not a method, they're mods for specific swimsuit.

Modding in DOAXVV isn't like modding in other games. Apart from a few frameworks like SS (Swimsuit Swapper) and CC (Costume Customiser), the vast majority of the mods can only affect existing swimsuits in-game. I suggest you completely delete your current mod folder to start from a clean slate. 

In short - For the most part, you cannot change the 'peanut' swimsuit to look like the 'popcorn' swimsuit, because that is not how 3DMigoto works. All it does is to modify what is shown on screen.

On that note, mod folders can be named however you like. Rename them as you please, they're just there to make things neater.

1 hour ago, RequiemsEdge said:

I suggest you completely delete your current mod folder to start from a clean slate. 

Yeah, I uninstalled the game, deleted everything I had. Reinstalled the game, downloaded knight's pack and that is all I have for the moment. 

While I see a bunch of cool mods, I don't have the matching outfit in the game so I have to appreciate them from a distance. 

Also, the edit button finally showed up next to the quote button for me. 

You can make folder and screenshot icon for the suit that the mod.

Then you can paste into this folder, the mod folder

For example I have some mod for daffodil suit.

So I make DOAX-VenusVacation\Mods\Daffodil

Also I will make folder for disabled (DOAX-VenusVacation\Mods\Daffodil\Disabled)

Then I paste all my Daffodil mod into this folder, and screenshot icon for Daffodil

When I want to use a mod, I will place all other daffodil mod into the disabled folder.

If I want to change the mod, I will move active mod into disabled folder, and move my desire mod out of disabled folder.

Also, if your mod does not have preview picture, it is best to screenshot as well.

Also, many mods is not suit swaps. There is very few because people are too lazy to learn (like ukaxsan), but also people here are fearful of TN. Because of this, many mods is just modification for already exist suit. It is sad for new players, they may never receive old suit/accessory. 

Archived