Need help with nifscope and adjusting armor scale

RaulCuevas

Hello, I was hoping someone could assist me in an issue I'm having here. I've downloaded a mod which features some female armors, and I'm trying to modify the scale of the tights and calves in them, since they make the body of my character pretty slim (I'm using CBBE).

I found this comment on another forum, where a member tells another how to change the size of the breasts using nifscope, and I thought I could also use the formula to change tights/calves:

"you can always try to set weight to 0 and change the skeleton in nifscope where you see L BREAST and R BREAST there is a line called "scale" you can change the value here to have bigger breast"

After reading the comment, I went to try adjusting the armors in nifscope, not aiming to get bigger breasts but thicker calves and tights. I tried setting the scale a little larger and it looked excellent in the program (I just used 1.2), so I saved my nifs (both _1 and _0) and went to the game.

But, for some reason, the changes won't activate, even when I exited Skyrim, went to nifscope again, and checked the meshes were, in fact, as I saved them earlier.

I've tried adjusting the scales of many body parts to silly levels (gigantic legs and things like that), trying on various armor, and even on the female body nif I'm using. But no matter how much changes I do and save, ingame, the models will look the same way they were before any editing, even if I don't have any backup of them nowere in my pc.

I find this pretty strange, since I'm modding files that nifscope show just as I want them, but I can't see the changes in game, and i have no backups at all, not bsa files or anything that could load the "older" meshes.

Could you tell me, if you now, how to make the changes take place? I would be very grateful.

Good night!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello' date=' I was hoping someone could assist me in an issue I'm having here. I've downloaded a mod which features some female armors, and I'm trying to modify the scale of the tights and calves in them, since they make the body of my character pretty slim (I'm using CBBE).

I found this comment on another forum, where a member tells another how to change the size of the breasts using nifscope, and I thought I could also use the formula to change tights/calves:

"you can always try to set weight to 0 and change the skeleton in nifscope where you see L BREAST and R BREAST there is a line called "scale" you can change the value here to have bigger breast"

After reading the comment, I went to try adjusting the armors in nifscope, not aiming to get bigger breasts but thicker calves and tights. I tried setting the scale a little larger and it looked excellent in the program (I just used 1.2), so I saved my nifs (both _1 and _0) and went to the game.

But, for some reason, the changes won't activate, even when I exited Skyrim, went to nifscope again, and checked the meshes were, in fact, as I saved them earlier.

I've tried adjusting the scales of many body parts to silly levels (gigantic legs and things like that), trying on various armor, and even on the female body nif I'm using. But no matter how much changes I do and save, ingame, the models will look the same way they were before any editing, even if I don't have any backup of them nowere in my pc.

I find this pretty strange, since I'm modding files that nifscope show just as I want them, but I can't see the changes in game, and i have no backups at all, not bsa files or anything that could load the "older" meshes.

Could you tell me, if you now, how to make the changes take place? I would be very grateful.

Good night!

[/quote']

I could guess only one reason of it. Haven't you installed any skeleton file? For example: data/meshes/actors/character/character assets female/skeleton_female

When you do, this way the skeleton nif overwrites the scaling bones into the default size. That can cause an armor modification not show in-game. If you have one, try to rename/remove "skeleton_female.nif" and see what happens. However without the skeleton nif, bones may go towards to infinite or strange shape forms could occure. Maybe this not happens. Worth a try, good luck!

Hello' date=' I was hoping someone could assist me in an issue I'm having here. I've downloaded a mod which features some female armors, and I'm trying to modify the scale of the tights and calves in them, since they make the body of my character pretty slim (I'm using CBBE).

Good night!

[/quote']

I could guess only one reason of it. Haven't you installed any skeleton file? For example: data/meshes/actors/character/character assets female/skeleton_female

When you do, this way the skeleton nif overwrites the scaling bones into the default size. That can cause an armor modification not show in-game. If you have one, try to rename/remove "skeleton_female.nif" and see what happens. However without the skeleton nif, bones may go towards to infinite or strange shape forms could occure. Maybe this not happens. Worth a try, good luck!

or there is something else you can do. If u use skeleton: try to scale the specific bones in the skeleton file as well. Sadly those changes will apply to the body too, so if you already have a rescaled body, new changes will be added to that, and without the armor, the naked body parts will be double size. Anyway let me know if you've happened to find a solution since ur post please, because am also looking for the way to do that, without messing up anything :D

Archived