Getting low fps with a 1050 ti (along with enb)

The ENB I'm using is ENB of the Apocalypse. I've set most of its settings to medium and I'm still experiencing low fps. Drops around 10-25 fps in combat and I cannot shoot anything at all. If anyone is using this ENB, please tell me how it's working out for you. Also would love suggestions on other ENBs.

Only in combat? Turn off the enb and see if you get a similar drop without or with another enb in combat if so a script is likely running and causing that.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply, but I did just so and it was the enb itself. Don't know why that particular enb lags my game but I've switched to Rudy.

Ah yes, only in combat. When turning off the enb, FPS is just fine (50-60 fps) but when I turned it on it dropped to around 10-25. For some reason, Rudy's enb works a lot better. Tested with the same load order, a new game,and finished ghost town gunfight, so I don't think it could've been the scripts.

Very odd, you could try disabling effects in the enb one by one and see if one of them is causing the fps drop like DOF SSAO Shadows etc etc, but with this being only in combat it would have to be the way the enb affects muzzle flashes or the projectiles & only way to test that is with a npc that has only melee vs a npc that has a firearm or energy weapon but I'd likely use a different enb instead of going through all that trouble.

I've noticed a notable difference when using melee weapons and firearms. The fps drops were worse with firearms and I think it's one of the things you pointed out. The muzzle flash affects my fps only with that particular enb, not so much with the one I'm using now. I've been using different variety of weapons to see how it affects my game (handguns, rifles, shotguns, etc.) and it seems to be universal.

Thanks for the help though, I've changed enbs since then

Archived