Hand seam , need help.

Thanks for a quick reply,

How do you color a texture exactly? I know it's a weird question, but how to match the colors and the complex shades ? Also, how it can be a shadowing problem ?

The problem is I tried different Unp textures (with the unp ashen meshes), basically just replacing the whole folder with new, fresh ones, but the hand seam would appear no-matter what texture I am using =/

Could it be a mesh problem ?

Hi, I had similar problems with hand seams not matching and from wot I found is that custom races seem to use the textures (for hands) of the default races, eg I had YgNord race and I had to put the same textures in default female folder to match, even when the meshes (I even went in nifskope and done it manually) all point to the correct texture path.

Now I'm using a new race called Children of the Sky, I had to put the hand textures in XvisionC folder so they'd match which is weird cuz that has it's own textures and again all meshes point to the correct path.

Wow' date=' that's weird, gonna try it out.

Thank you for the tip.

Edit: Did not work

[/quote']

Can't see the image from ur 1st post 403 forbidden

Just to confirm is it the textures that are different colors for the hands and body or does the meshes look like don't line up with the body (like a gap or black line)?

From that image u have the same prob i had, the hand textures was lighter in color to the body.

I had also done wot Ark of Truth had said and went into paint.net and darkened them but it was still the same.

I was about to give up, when i thot ill just throw all the hand textures into each female folder (vanilla and custom) to see wot happens and that's when I noticed it had changed (I had made the texture too dark), so all i had to do was eliminate which folder had made the change.

Same thing happened when i added sweaty body textures, it wouldn't show up on the hands in game until i threw it in a different folder.

• 3 months later...

Hi, I had similar problems with hand seams not matching and from wot I found is that custom races seem to use the textures (for hands) of the default races, eg I had YgNord race and I had to put the same textures in default female folder to match, even when the meshes (I even went in nifskope and done it manually) all point to the correct texture path.

Now I'm using a new race called Children of the Sky, I had to put the hand textures in XvisionC folder so they'd match which is weird cuz that has it's own textures and again all meshes point to the correct path.

From that image u have the same prob i had, the hand textures was lighter in color to the body.

I had also done wot Ark of Truth had said and went into paint.net and darkened them but it was still the same.

I was about to give up, when i thot ill just throw all the hand textures into each female folder (vanilla and custom) to see wot happens and that's when I noticed it had changed (I had made the texture too dark), so all i had to do was eliminate which folder had made the change.

Same thing happened when i added sweaty body textures, it wouldn't show up on the hands in game until i threw it in a different folder.

I dont really understand what you mean

how were you able to fix the hand seam problems for custom races?

• 4 months later...

The problem is just what Stevierage said. 

The custom race is trying to use the textures from the default female folder.  I was having a similar problem with custom race companions having different hand colors and an odd neck seam.  It appeared as though the clavicle was shifted and not properly connected... the hands were also super light colored in comparison to the rest of the body.  After reading Stevierage's explanation I copied the textures of the custom race to the textures/actors/character/female folder and it worked perfectly.  I was using different body shapes (both UNP) but both were compatible with the textures so I could keep the shape of the default NPCs whilst retaining the shape of the custom race body.

I did a fix for this once. Left it somewhere in the Ashen comments thread. The problem was inside the .esp, in the description for the hands. I'll try to find it.

Yeah, here it is.

edit: wait, why is it temporary unavailable?

edit2: try the one attached for the time being. Not sure it's the one, i found it in my old Skyrim build i no longer use. It's 2.6 dawnguard version btw.

OrientalRace.esp

Archived