Penis mesh visible on mermen in water

I haven't seen anyone bring up this issue yet, so I figured I'd post about it. When playing as a merman, the sim's assigned penis (in my case, Noir's small futa cock with testicles) is visible through the mermaid tail while in the water.

Here is a screenshot:

1922759276_07-01-19_12-09-20AM.thumb.png.6babca2e838a89f53ded3bb1990452e0.png

Here is my last exception file from last night. The help website says that there is a missing transforming joint error, but also says that it has to do with the Chef Cooking Station. There were four unknown errors listed. There was also a script error, but I don't know about the file it's referring to. Sorry if I've done anything wrong. This is my first time posting. Let me know if you need any additional info from me!

lastException.txt

Thank you for any assistance!

You got a ton of outdated mods that don't work with the current game version.

That is unrelated to the penis mesh, however. The penis mesh is visible because the expansion came out a couple of days ago and people were busy fixing critical errors. Just give it some time, mate. These things need scripting and proper new meshes.

11 minutes ago, Ingun Black-Briar said:

You got a ton of outdated mods that don't work with the current game version.

That is unrelated to the penis mesh, however. The penis mesh is visible because the expansion came out a couple of days ago and people were busy fixing critical errors. Just give it some time, mate. These things need scripting and proper new meshes.

Okay, thank you for letting me know! I wasn't sure if anyone else had had this problem. I wish I knew how to sort between outdated mods and CC, but I just have so much trouble with it. Oh well! I appreciate your help.

I suggest taking the time to create structured subfolders for your mods, such as

Overrides

Scripts
Buy Mode
Build Mode
Clothes

Hair

Etc.

If you download a lot of cc, it's also a good idea to have a "trial" folder for your most recent mods, so you can easily find the culprit if something doesn't work. Just remember that *.ts4script files need to go in either your Mods folder or no deeper than one subfolder, i.e. Mods\Scripts

Saves you a lot of trouble in the long run. As for now, remove the simulationfix mod and any other mod that's not simply custom content.

Download the latest versions of Command Center and WW and install them into their respective directories.

2 minutes ago, Ingun Black-Briar said:

I suggest taking the time to create structured subfolders for your mods, such as

Overrides

Scripts
Buy Mode
Build Mode
Clothes

Hair

Etc.

If you download a lot of cc, it's also a good idea to have a "trial" folder for your most recent mods, so you can easily find the culprit if something doesn't work. Just remember that *.ts4script files need to go in either your Mods folder or no deeper than one subfolder, i.e. Mods\Scripts

Saves you a lot of trouble in the long run. As for now, remove the simulationfix mod and any other mod that's not simply custom content.

Download the latest versions of Command Center and WW and install them into their respective directories.

The interesting thing is that I don't have a simulation fix by that name. That's why it confused me. I searched for it, but nothing came up. My mods are more or less organized as yours are, plus some specific ones. I'm just really not tech savvy. I never thought of putting scripts and overrides in their own respective folders, though. I'll give that a try. I get last exception errors so frequently that I just ignore them usually. I usually guess that it's because of my CC.

8 minutes ago, foxylocks said:

The interesting thing is that I don't have a simulation fix by that name. That's why it confused me. I searched for it, but nothing came up. My mods are more or less organized as yours are, plus some specific ones. I'm just really not tech savvy. I never thought of putting scripts and overrides in their own respective folders, though. I'll give that a try. I get last exception errors so frequently that I just ignore them usually. I usually guess that it's because of my CC.

Only one way to find out, then. Move all of your cc to a different location and start out by only adding working cc to the game, such as hair or objects. Be sure to go through your mods and look for any mods that might contain game breaking content, such as all of LittleMissSam's mods or any other mod that either

• changes Sim behavior
  • changes world behavior (with the exception of map overrides)
  • adds new interactions to the game
  • adds something to computers or phones in the game, even if it's as simple as ordering more items through the computer
  • etc...

Don't worry, you'll sort this out eventually. ? Just remember to install the latest versions of both Command Center and WW and ideally let them create their preferred folders.

1 minute ago, Ingun Black-Briar said:

Only one way to find out, then. Move all of your cc to a different location and start out by only adding working cc to the game, such as hair or objects. Be sure to go through your mods and look for any mods that might contain game breaking content, such as all of LittleMissSam's mods or any other mod that either

•  changes Sim behavior
  • changes world behavior (with the exception of map overrides)
  •  adds new interactions to the game
  •  adds something to computers or phones in the game, even if it's as simple as ordering more items through the computer
  •  etc...

Don't worry, you'll sort this out eventually. ? Just remember to install the latest versions of both Command Center and WW and ideally let them create their preferred folders.

Thanks for letting me know! I really do appreciate it. :)

You should not be getting any LEs at all with your mods in order ? I don't even know how you can stand playing with them popping up. Just bite the bullet now and get your mods in order, remove outdated mods and update everything that can be updated. I know it's a hassle but it's a requirement, and you'll actually learn which is which and how to keep your game LE free ? Don't fret, it's just part of having a modded game....

6 hours ago, foxylocks said:

I haven't seen anyone bring up this issue yet, so I figured I'd post about it. When playing as a merman, the sim's assigned penis (in my case, Noir's small futa cock with testicles) is visible through the mermaid tail while in the water.

Here is a screenshot:

1922759276_07-01-19_12-09-20AM.thumb.png.6babca2e838a89f53ded3bb1990452e0.png

Here is my last exception file from last night. The help website says that there is a missing transforming joint error, but also says that it has to do with the Chef Cooking Station. There were four unknown errors listed. There was also a script error, but I don't know about the file it's referring to. Sorry if I've done anything wrong. This is my first time posting. Let me know if you need any additional info from me!

lastException.txt 25.18 kB · 1 download

Thank you for any assistance!

Does the mesh appearing still happen with the newest update? If so, please test with just WickedWhims and the cock mesh and let me know if it still happens :)

On 7/1/2019 at 7:59 PM, WickedAssistant said:

Does the mesh appearing still happen with the newest update? If so, please test with just WickedWhims and the cock mesh and let me know if it still happens :)

Things actually got weirder after I updated and tested it with just the merman and the default penis mesh. I created a new game and tried making a sim with no CC - just a simple default Maxis look. Now his feet and his penis can be seen in the water. I didn't drag my CC folders out of my mods though, so I'll try one more time.

1228246863_07-04-19_3-46-24PM.thumb.png.9fb4be3e7e166289e6312b9abcabe94b.png

8 minutes ago, foxylocks said:

Things actually got weirder after I updated and tested it with just the merman and the default penis mesh. I created a new game and tried making a sim with no CC - just a simple default Maxis look. Now his feet and his penis can be seen in the water. I didn't drag my CC folders out of my mods though, so I'll try one more time.

1228246863_07-04-19_3-46-24PM.thumb.png.9fb4be3e7e166289e6312b9abcabe94b.png

Okay, so I removed all my files except my WW folder which took care of the penis mesh & feet problem, but gave me this monstrosity in its place:

1290003756_07-04-19_3-54-34PM.thumb.png.5734cb701ef6f7e1b9d5f18b768770ff.png

176002576_07-04-19_3-57-19PM.thumb.png.e98060a458a191d95529ddbbc5ab9620.png

1 hour ago, Thissiteisalwaysbroken said:

So it's not just me! Cool. I am getting the same thing as pictured above. Tried multiple tails they all had this problem. I have MYOB IeveV5 (non default) skin and the latest WW in my game and my male sim is wearing a custom skin but I also have the "fix" for that so idk what's wrong. 

I'll let you know once I find out what's causing it! My mods are so messy - they could use the deep clean anyways.

13 hours ago, foxylocks said:

I'll let you know once I find out what's causing it! My mods are so messy - they could use the deep clean anyways.

I took out WW CNWW and all the WW animations and now my mermaid sims are fine. I don't know if it will be the same for you though. I'm eventually going to put those folders back in one by one to see which one is causing it. My mods are messy too. 

6 hours ago, Thissiteisalwaysbroken said:

I took out WW CNWW and all the WW animations and now my mermaid sims are fine. I don't know if it will be the same for you though. I'm eventually going to put those folders back in one by one to see which one is causing it. My mods are messy too. 

It's CNWW! It doesn't cause any LEs, but once I put it in I had the mesh issue again. Is it poor etiquette to tag them/message them, I wonder? This is my first time ever being super active on this site.

129317850_07-05-19_4-20-44PM.thumb.png.637614bb084957ff72e5c9e1bc8e15eb.png

• 3 years later...
  • 6 months later...