Creating an NPC, having issues.

Arigato

I'm having a few issues while trying to create a new follower.

I've never ran into these problems, so I'm not sure what's up.

First Issue: Character Head Color Bug (darker than rest of body) I'm aware of the default char gen needing to be checked off, and the CTRL + f4 thing, however it's not exporting the meshes (It will SAY it is, but it doesn't, and I check in the Data/Textures/Actor/Facegendata/etc etc (since i have two other successful exports I know what to look for :/)

No matter what I do the head always appears dark.

Second Issue: I make a basic character/looks, set the potential follower faction, and the current follower faction (and the -1), and the relationship to player as ally - and it works perfectly.

I set them to Unique/essential. Still works, and they're still recruit-able in game.

I set their combat style to forsworn 1h, and combat AI package to assassin (I want them to dual wield 1 handers.) and I set their perks (light armor, 1h, and light foot) and give them their spells/perks

Suddenly they're no longer recruit-able, no matter what I do.

I use UFO and I make sure UFO is ALWAYS last in the load order since thats what seems to make it work in other situations.

:idea: One thing I always do when using the CK is temporarily remove the "tintmasks" folder from ...\skyrim\Data\Textures\actors\character\character assets (delete then restore later - and I keep a backup just in case!). This is a work-around for many of the face texture problems associated with the CK, as it often seems to struggle with modded tintmask files.

These may seem like silly questions - but when you CTRL+F4, are you waiting for the CK to confirm it has exported, and are you saving after exporting, and are you double-checking that your .esp is actually ticked/checked in your plugins list?

:idea: One thing I always do when using the CK is temporarily remove the "tintmasks" folder from ...\skyrim\Data\Textures\actors\character\character assets (delete then restore later - and I keep a backup just in case!). This is a work-around for many of the face texture problems associated with the CK' date=' as it often seems to struggle with modded tintmask files.

These may seem like silly questions - but when you CTRL+F4, are you waiting for the CK to confirm it has exported, and are you saving after exporting, and are you double-checking that your .esp is actually ticked/checked in your plugins list?

[/quote']

I do wait, it usually doesn't take long (it resets whatever cell i'm viewing in the CK too) I am saving after exporting. and the ESP is always checked.

Well I've managed to root out the issue of the 'follower' part - it was the voice, and it makes me sad, the shrill voice sounds exactly like i'd expect the character to, so I'll have to find another voice. Either way I tried deleting the tint masks, it didn't fix it :/

Yeh, not all voices seem to support all dialogue options, unfortunately. Some are very limited.

The only other thing I can think of is that it's maybe a load order issue, but if it really *is* exporting-yet-not-saving I have no idea. :huh:

Oh - also, always be sure to put your tintmasks folder back where you found it when you're done with the CK! :)

Archived