Oblivion to Fallout clothing conversion.

Guest user29

I've done a few before, and I don't think I ran into this problem. So I imported, skeleton'd, and weighted an oblivion "santa" outfit to a New vegas body. Well the body shows up, but the clothing is completely invisible. I've got the textures where it should be picking them up as well. I'm sure I'm just missing a flag I need to reset. Anyways here's the nif if you think you can help.

santaoutfit0.7z

Thanks. But that wasn't it. I'm using a different santa outfit now, so this isn't time sensitive anymore, but I"d still like to know what's wrong with it for future conversions.

What skeleton is this? I wasn't able to take a look before now, and I don't recognize it. The structure of the bones and mesh pieces in nifskope is very strange for an outfit mesh. I'm sure that I could fix it simply by deleting the body and skeleton and adding in a normal one, but if the skeleton used is a special one for some anim compatability then I wouldn't want to do that.

http://www.mediafire.com/?9nw4x25rlf6r9an

Okay, try that and see if it works. I suspect that it will, but without having the textures I can't be 100% sure. It shows up in GECK as I'd expect it to.

All I did was import it into blender, and re-rig the model to the existing skeleton, but the nif file now looks substantially more normal. The original gave me the impression that it had not been parented AT ALL. I'm curious if you used blender, or if you tried to do all of this in nifskope.

Archived