Possible fix for the CTD on sexchange

sisgood

I was having major problems playing a female. I wasn't running any race mods (though I'm pretty sure I can now lol), I was running appachii, a few texture and mesh mods all thrown together (Coverwoman, pretty face, final younger characters, and better face gen) and everytime I would start a new game I wouldn't just crash, I would EPIC crash to where I had to turn the computer off to get out of the freeze.

So I went looking. And I found this. It has literally saved my game. If you guys already know about it, just disregard this, shake your heads and mutter that I should'nt have gone on a Skyrim hiatus. If you don't know about it, go download it. NOW!

A trick I'm gonna use from now on, just direct it to edit the texture in your hair folder of the race you are using whenever you add a new hair. I'm running Fallout hairs, Apachii, and three other small ones and it's flawless... as long as I'm not in a busy space. I am just using qasmoke for now but I'm looking for a "dressing room" mod if you know of any.

yes, that tool its a bit old but usefull. i use it periodically but keeping intact some textures that get broken. anyway, nice to know you find a way to avoid ctds. here is a mod i use, it is to have a new beautification spell wich will send your palyer to a white room where you can customize it (works better than showracemenu because it doesnt brake your skills)

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/20092

visit the skeever inn on solitude to find the npc who sell the spellbook or use the console: help beautification

what it does is compresses the textures into the right format, alot of difuse maps with no alpha channels get saved as a dxt5 which is double the information necessary for a dxt 1. Hair textures are notorious for this. another thing it does is make mip maps which will help immensly with other issues like memory management and the black skin bug.

So does this tool fix the problem by making the textures less detailed ? o: doesn't that lower the game graphics ?

you can customize the size of the compression. i mean, you can choose a weak optimization wich decrease detail by just a minimum and almost unnoticeable level. hell, i used the medium optimization and i cant see any difference, in the other hand, my fps were boosted by 5 - 10 fps.

I was having major problems playing a female. I wasn't running any race mods (though I'm pretty sure I can now lol)' date=' I was running appachii, a few texture and mesh mods all thrown together (Coverwoman, pretty face, final younger characters, and better face gen) and everytime I would start a new game I wouldn't just crash, I would EPIC crash to where I had to turn the computer off to get out of the freeze.

So I went looking. And I found this. It has literally saved my game. If you guys already know about it, just disregard this, shake your heads and mutter that I should'nt have gone on a Skyrim hiatus. If you don't know about it, go download it. NOW!

A trick I'm gonna use from now on, just direct it to edit the texture in your hair folder of the race you are using whenever you add a new hair. I'm running Fallout hairs, Apachii, and three other small ones and it's flawless... as long as I'm not in a busy space. I am just using qasmoke for now but I'm looking for a "dressing room" mod if you know of any.

hey there...I had this prob too but recently "fixed" it by getting a new computer..lol not just for this...my old rig was nearly ten years old...im posting because I found (and used before upgrading, the room you're looking for

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/18148

comes with an all white room...and a black/dark room

smoke

Archived