Greatsword on waist/hip

Absurdity

I'd like to ask if someone could make http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/27521 work with Greatswords to look kinda like this:

1e37c6pn1ux6.jpg

(I changed the sword from 2handed to 1handed to make it work with the skeleton)

Sadly I don't have the slightest clue how to edit skeletons myself aside from copy+pasting nodes and that results in the Greatsword clipping into my character.

or you can just duplicate ninode for the 1handed sword "WeaponSword", then name the duplicate with "WeaponBack"...but that also make battleaxe be sheated in same spot because they respectively using same name (weaponBack)..

IMO your way is better, but of course there is another way but its quite hassle to do (DSpSoB technique).

I tried the ninode duplicate method but the greatsword got weirdly rotated and as I said clipped into my character.

pardon me' date=' forgot to mention that you also need to change the Rotation YPR amount. because the duplicated the weaponsword ninode still refering same spot/sheated.

first of all i have to remind you that this can be quite tedious procces because you have to quit/start skyrim to see the changement that you do with your skeleton.

1. Back up your original skeleton.

2. prepare your character in perfect area so you can see clearly the weapon is sheated, then create new save.(i'm using review studio mod, black room, help me load the save faster without interuption).

3. Open your skeleton file, and i take that you already duplicated the "WeaponSword" ninode and change the name into "WeaponBack".

4. Make sure your "WeaponBack" NiNode has a parent node, if not, you can create it with selecting the "WeaponBack" NiNode - RMB - Node - Attach Parent Node - NiNode. than it will look like in the picturepost-34296-13597881815324_thumb.jpg

5. Transform the parent node of "WeaponBack" (RMB - Transform - Edit), new tab will show with Translation, Rotation and Scale. you only need to change the rotation of YPR amount because the scale and translation is already fixed. try to change the amount of Y/P/R at the time and load your game so you know which one is representing the X/Y/Z axis.

6. After you sure which YPR direction goes, you can change the YPR amount more until you find the sheated position that suits you.

7. Always backup your skeleton.nif after the changement you made (if you think you've found good position of Y/P/R), so you can easily re-do it again, since nifskope doesnt have undo.

that is how i modify my weapon ninodes, it takes time but i dont really know of other method.

Archived