?a Converted? SG Hairpack 350 causes infinite load

I thought I'd like to have a try at building a skyrim SE mod-collection to my liking, and I've been successfully converting a few oldrim mods by following guides.

JH's skyrim people (or few of the heads the females have anyway) is something I'd like to have, so I needed this furtive hairpack for that. Followed guides, and saved both the ESM and ESP linked in CK. Now skyrim will launch fine, but upon entering Whiterun (via alternate start, start as owner of Breezeholme) the game will just load for more than 10 minutes. (1min or less with much heavier mod-load normally)

Did I miss something in the guides? The Hairpacks supposedly should be easy to convert.

EDIT: THe JH skyrim people mod is NOT LOADED AND NOT CONVERTED. I have a pretty light/vanilla load atm.

SGHairPackAIO.esp SGHairPackBase.esm

• 1 month later...
On 4/14/2019 at 9:50 PM, Oraniss said:

I thought I'd like to have a try at building a skyrim SE mod-collection to my liking, and I've been successfully converting a few oldrim mods by following guides.

JH's skyrim people (or few of the heads the females have anyway) is something I'd like to have, so I needed this furtive hairpack for that. Followed guides, and saved both the ESM and ESP linked in CK. Now skyrim will launch fine, but upon entering Whiterun (via alternate start, start as owner of Breezeholme) the game will just load for more than 10 minutes. (1min or less with much heavier mod-load normally)

Did I miss something in the guides? The Hairpacks supposedly should be easy to convert.

EDIT: THe JH skyrim people mod is NOT LOADED AND NOT CONVERTED. I have a pretty light/vanilla load atm.

SGHairPackAIO.esp 133.37 kB · 2 downloads SGHairPackBase.esm 458 B · 4 downloads

I am interested as well since there are some conversions from oldrim requiring this hairpack as well. All I could find so far is this tutorial:

SG Hair Pack 350 Conversion Tutorial:

(copypasted):
1. Download/extract SSE NIF Optimizer to a safe location on your HDD/SSE inside its own folder.

2. Download SG Hair Pack 350 via Google Search.

3. Extract the files to another safe location on your HDD/SSD (I have a folder called Convert on my SSD specifically for mod conversions)

4. Move each set of .nifs into the SSE NIF Optimizer folder I had you create in Step 1. You should have a .exe called SSE NIF Optimizer.exe in this folder.

5. Run SSE NIF Optimizer, which will open the program itself.

6. VERY IMPORTANT - Check the box next to Head Parts Only, which is in bold red type.

7. Click the Optimize button with the Head Parts Only box checked as outlined in Step 6.

8. Move each set of files back to their proper folders in your Convert folder.

9. Repeat Steps 7 & 8 until all .nifs in SG Hair Pack 350 have been properly optimized in SSE NIF Optimizer.

10. Once all .nifs have been properly optimized & moved back into their proper folders, move the .esp & .esm to your Data folder.

11. To properly convert the .esm, you will need Wrye Bash which is found here on Skyrim SE Nexus.

12. Open Wrye Bash.

13. Once fully loaded, locate SGHairPackBase.esm & right-click it in Wrye Bash.

14. A drop-down menu will appear. Click File, then select Copy to .esp.

15. Delete the SGHairPackBase.esm you just extracted to your Data folder via right-clicking it in Wrye Bash, select File, then select Delete. Confirm the deletion when prompted. Close Wrye Bash when finished.

16. Open the Creation Kit (Skyrim SE version, which can be obtained off Bethesda.net). It is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED to have SSE Creation Kit Fixes installed off Skyrim SE Nexus since it fixes numerous bugs with the Skyrim SE CK.

17. Once loaded, click the Open icon (Folder that looks open in the top-left corner of the Skyrim SE Creation Kit window).

18. In the menu that appears, find SGHairPackBase.esp, highlight it, then select Set As Active File, then click OK.

19. Once fully loaded into the Skyrim SE CK, click File, then select Save.

20. Once the save operation is complete, select File again, then select Save & Push Plugin to PC.

21. Close the CK, then reopen Wrye Bash once more.

22. Find the newly converted SGHairPackBase.esp in Wrye Bash, select File, then select Copy to .ESM.

23. Delete the SGHairPackBase.esp & close Wrye Bash.

24. Find the newly created SGHairPackBase.esm & move it back to your Convert folder where all the newly optimized SG Hair Pack 350 .nifs should be located if you've followed my tutorial provided here properly.

25. Open the Skyrim SE CK once more.

26. Click the Open icon (Open folder in the upper-left corner of the Skyrim SE CK window).

27. Find SGHairPackAIO.esp in the list of plugins in the left pane of the CK, select Set As Active File, then click OK.

28. Once fully loaded into the CK, click File, then select Save. Select Save & Push Plugin to PC.

29. Close the Skyrim SE CK, then navigate to your Data folder & move the newly converted SGHairPackAIO.esp back to your Convert folder.

30. Using 7-Zip or equivalent archive software, zip the file into a compressed archive. I would name it SG Hair Pack 350 SE for simplicity's sake.

31. Open your mod manager (NMM, MO2, Vortex, etc) & select Add Mod (NMM)

32. Install the newly packed mod like you would any other mod.

33. Sort the .esm & .esp into your load order, then install this mod. Make sure you have all other required mods installed too.

34. Fire up the game & if properly converted, the game should launch to the main menu without issues. If you follow this guide to the letter, there shouldn't be any issues whatsoever. I've done this countless times without a hitch & everything worked as intended. Get to the Chargen screen & begin creating a character to see if the hairs from SG Hair Pack 350 display properly. If they do, congrats - you now have a fully-converted SG Hair Pack 350 installed into your game!

Archived