Wicked Whims 9th April update not working - Mac

It's been a month since I updated. I was having fun with the game, relaxing etc, then I remembered I could update it. So I closed my game, went on the site, downloaded the newest update.

I did everything told - took out all files from my mods, deleted them, THEN added the new files. Updated it the same as I always did. But this time, the game was.. Acting up. 
Wherever I clicked and selected wickedwhims, I only got the 'settings' option. If I tried to click that, it wouldn't work at all! I clicked on the computer and it had the normal wickedwhims options, so I tried them too; still nothing! Sim would attempt, then stop as if I never selected the option.

Okay. I thought to myself, hey maybe I did something wrong. So I reinstalled it again - And again. Still nothing. (And yes, I tried the ww.fix and it does absolutely nothing for me.) Okay, so maybe I'll do the soft cleaning. I deleted wickedwhims from the saves folder, tried again - Nothing. Fine, if this is how it was going to go.. I did the hard clean. I removed ALL Wickedwhims related files. - deleted them, and the animations I took out and placed on my desktop in a separate folder, just to make sure they weren't doing anything to mess up the game. I removed ANYTHING related to this that I could. 
Then, I installed a brand new WW install again, freshly downloaded from the site. I added the two files (Remember, mac user here) to my mods folder, didn't put ANYTHING else in (I didn't want to risk it, I wanted to see how just wickedwhims would run) and.. Still the same situation. Wickedwhims is not working for me, I get the green popup that something is wrong with wickedwhims and to try 'ww.fix' which yet again doesn't do anything. I'm at my wits end, I did not have any problems with this mod when it came to the prior updates. (My game is fully updated, waiting for the newest free update to come out this/next week.) 

My lastexception file is basically absolutely empty apart from this line: 
<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
</root>

I have a wickedwhims log, which has this in it: (I don't know if this matters at all, but willing to put it here to see if this reveals something.) https://pastebin.com/p0MHjh8U

Is this happening to anyone else running a mac version? Windows version? I have a legit game from origin with all the packs. Haven't had these problems happen before and I usually regularly update (I stopped playing for a month due to life stuff, but came back.) 
Anyone got tips? Advice? Or should I wait for the new update and see if that fixes whatever problem I'm having? (I spoke to some members of a cc and mod sims 4 group on facebook and some people have been having problems with their wickedwhims mod too, regardless of the fact they installed everything correctly.)
I hope someone can talk to me. I also messaged on the loverslab discord but nothing was of help (In the sims section.) 

Thanks for reading though, and I really hope someone can help me ;/

that's a log of every bit of CC you have...

Just to confirm before we go any further, you've updated your game as well, correct? because different builds of the mods are designed for specific builds of the game, if your mod updates get ahead of your game updates can cause as many problems as if the game updated and not the mod. 

2 hours ago, KamenRiderzero1 said:

that's a log of every bit of CC you have...

Just to confirm before we go any further, you've updated your game as well, correct? because different builds of the mods are designed for specific builds of the game, if your mod updates get ahead of your game updates can cause as many problems as if the game updated and not the mod. 

Ah! I wasn't really sure why it was named 'Wickedwhims.log', I'm a bit new to sims modding to be honest still, so I don't usually mess with files. 

For the game version, I'm running the 1.50.67.1220 Mac update, which seems to be the newest one (Since they have the freelance profession coming out in a few days) and on the wickedwhims website that is the supported version it seems? So everything appears to be just fine. I'm wondering if it's just something to do with a mac update? But yeah no, I keep my game updated to the newest update (since origin screams at me whenever there's a new one.) 
Everything else I'm using mod wise is also as up to date as it can be (I have some old mods that are technically 'out of date' but work fine, and I've never had a problem with wickedwhims and them. It's just right after the 9th April update that everything is going very wrong.)

17 hours ago, KamenRiderzero1 said:

normally, the mod codes don't deal with anything related to the OS. 

and did you delete the Localthumbpackage file from the program's documents folder?

Localthumbcache, right? I still have that in the game, yes. Am I meant to delete that one? (I usually don't mess with anything that doesn't specifically state anything related to mods etc.) 

Sometimes I just know that mods react a little differently depending on OS, but it's a rare situation? I just know I followed instructions like I always did, but this time it's acting up. (If I use the older version of WW, it works fine, but the new WW doesn't.)

13 minutes ago, Rowanwolf22 said:

Ah, I was never told that! I'll do that now and see if it solves the problem - And I'll let you know what's going on.

Aha! And it worked! At first I still had the 'uh oh something wrong try ww.fix' pop up since nothing was working. I tried the ww.fix and this time it WORKED! So you were absolutely right, it was something to do with the localthumbcache! Thank you for helping out, you're an absolute star Kamen. It's so nice to see the mod work properly as it was meant to, again! 

Archived