EXEC files?

Hey everyone,

Went through and downloaded 2 new sets of scripts and an updated version of an old set of scripts today to find out that they are appearing as .exec files on my computer instead of .zip files. Any idea how I can fix this and why this is happening all of a sudden?

In the past i would download scripts and they would show up as zips i would unzip them, plop them in mods and they worked but now they are downloading as .exec files and nothing can open them with the apple mac store of corse suggesting apps that people report are viruses so?

I did update to mac 10.14.4 yesterday so maybe that has something to do with it?

Old scripts files still work fine, I updated ww today and also tried to old version and the new scripts still didn't show up, I'm out of ideas

Thanks!

Alexx

5 hours ago, AlexxMoss said:

Hey everyone,

Went through and downloaded 2 new sets of scripts and an updated version of an old set of scripts today to find out that they are appearing as .exec files on my computer instead of .zip files. Any idea how I can fix this and why this is happening all of a sudden?

In the past i would download scripts and they would show up as zips i would unzip them, plop them in mods and they worked but now they are downloading as .exec files and nothing can open them with the apple mac store of corse suggesting apps that people report are viruses so?

I did update to mac 10.14.4 yesterday so maybe that has something to do with it?

Old scripts files still work fine, I updated ww today and also tried to old version and the new scripts still didn't show up, I'm out of ideas

Thanks!

Alexx

Hmm, wicked whims comes with an auto-installer exec file for windows, I don't know why your computer would read the zip as an exec though, that doesn't make sense. Try the equivalent of right clicking and open-with the zip tool that you use on mac. See if that works.

I'm not that experienced with Mac, so I'm probably not the best person to help. 

Good luck.

10 hours ago, Simite said:

Hmm, wicked whims comes with an auto-installer exec file for windows, I don't know why your computer would read the zip as an exec though, that doesn't make sense. Try the equivalent of right clicking and open-with the zip tool that you use on mac. See if that works.

I'm not that experienced with Mac, so I'm probably not the best person to help. 

Good luck.

thanks, helped me figure it out. I ended up downloading a different installer/unzipper/zipper or whatever it is. I was using unarchiver as recommended on the ww website but i bought Keka and it worked. It converted the .exec to zips which worked. I'm not great with computers lol

So i thought i had this figured out but I dont. I found if i zip the file it would show up under installed mods but none of the animations would show up even under animation disabler. So i looked at my only working set of animations and noticed that it downloaded as a zip then unzipped it would be a folder with the .exec and a readme however whenever i try to download something off this website now it downloads as a .exec not as a .zip. i found the working animations (amra72's) redownloaded it and it also came as a zip so im guessing it depends on how the file is uploaded to LL? Maybe Amra's were uploaded from a mac so were in a familiar style? Anyone else with a mac had issues like this? 

On 4/13/2019 at 2:54 AM, AlexxMoss said:

So i thought i had this figured out but I dont. I found if i zip the file it would show up under installed mods but none of the animations would show up even under animation disabler. So i looked at my only working set of animations and noticed that it downloaded as a zip then unzipped it would be a folder with the .exec and a readme however whenever i try to download something off this website now it downloads as a .exec not as a .zip. i found the working animations (amra72's) redownloaded it and it also came as a zip so im guessing it depends on how the file is uploaded to LL? Maybe Amra's were uploaded from a mac so were in a familiar style? Anyone else with a mac had issues like this? 

Literally every animations package on here is either a .zip or a .package, there's like 0 animation files that come with an installer so if your getting them as execs, either your computer is bugged or something else weird is happening. Try using a different internet browser.

Archived