[REQ] Unique armor per race mod.

Annexation

I've been searching for something like this http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/16964 but is for armor instead. Seems kinda pointless to have custom meshes for each race but end up with the same look with the game's armor on.

I tried the unique gear addon but it is for the starter pack setup and isn't very customizable. Is it even possible to have an armor file structure for each race so one could do say custom bodyslide armor setups for each race?

But isn't it supposed to be THAT MOD EXACTLY that does that??

I mean, you install it, install the addon, and follow every folder structure for each race, dumping there said models and textures of whatever you want.

It's a boring work, but if that's what you want, that's the mod you need.

It does for actor meshes and textures but not for armor meshes and textures which is what I'm looking for. Using it you can and I have given each race different meshes, textures, and normal maps but as soon as you put on any armor the meshes switch to the ones used by the armor.

What I'm looking for is if it is possible to have armor meshes for each race so that I can use bodyslide to create an armor outfit mesh to match each races's mesh I have created.

No, seriously. From what the modder wrote, it was supposed to be...

"get starter pack, install gear pack, make sure it loads BEFORE [meaning, it is above] unique everything.esp"

If both of these are installed, then there SHOULD be folders for armor meshes somewhere in your data folder related to each race. If there isn't then, the cake is a lie~ Er, the mod.

Have you actually downloaded the mod and read the .txt like I have and investigated the file structure? Because I can tell you haven't. It is for the starter pack that already has preselected meshes and textures of the author's liking. All the unique gear does is make Mer have UNP armor and the rest have CBBE armor. There is no file structure per race.

UNIQUE GEAR: a companion piece to Unique Everything (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/16964)

Note: This mod should only be used with the Unique Everything Starter Pack.

- OR -

Make sure that your UE races are set up to use the following replacer types:

High Elf, Wood Elf: UNP

Everyone else: CBBE

You can use any variation of UNP or CBBE, where appropriate, and it should work fine. You could probably even swap a race out with vanilla or ADEC in place of CBBE, so long as you don't mind CBBE gear on those races.

What This Does:

If a character (including NPCs) is a high elf or wood elf, it will apply UNP gear replacements when they are available. If they are another race, it will apply CBBE gear.

Installation:

Copy into your /Data/ folder. Overwrite as prompted. You may want to backup your /data/meshes/armor/, /data/meshes/clothes/, /data/textures/armor/ and /data/textures/clothes/ folders if you have any replacers active.

***Load UniqueGear.esp before UniqueEverything.esp***

Customizing:

Feel free to swap out the gear with a different replacer, so long as it uses the same body type. For example, you don't want the particular style of Steel armor for CBBE that is included. You found a different set, also for CBBE, that you prefer. Simply replace the /meshes/armor/steel/ files and /textures/armor/steel/ files. Magic!

Complaints & feeback: angelmeats@gmail.com

Keep in mind - this is a file that i created for personal use. If you're not 100% happy with it, i will only offer limited support. This is simply being offered because there have been a lot of requests from people who use the StarterPack.

That said, please do tell me if you find people wandering around in the woods wearing only a hat and footwraps. It's happened to me before. While hilarious, it's the sort of bug that should be worked out but could still be in there.

Thanks! - UniqueGear-ReadMe.txt

The only file structure is one for UNP and one for CBBE, no race breakdown.

My question was does one exist and is it even possible. I can see how this one was done with an esp but I have no idea how flexible it would be and how much it might conflict with other mods.

I did download it, a long time ago to study it. I just didn't bother using it. [i may need the mod as a resource for a future project]

That said, I'm sure that mod can be used to do what you want - it just might NOT be as simple as just replace models in the data folder. I mean, if two races use unp, that means you could somehow edit the mod for other bodies. YES, that means esp editing.

I'm just trying to help, it is just an idea. I only said what I said because I DID search for something similar, and this mod is the closest to what I wanted, and probably your only option. I COULDN'T FIND ANYTHING ELSE LIKE THAT BACK THEN.

Well, good luck with it, I'm sure you'll find a mod of your liking or figure things out in time.

edit: I found the file, and yeah, I'm sure this means ESP editing. The mod probably works like this;

In the ESP, each modified race [high and wood elves] is pointed towards the UNP folders inside the folder structure, while the other races aren't pointed anywhere - this means they use either the vanilla mesh OR any mesh that's rightfully placed in the mesh folders. They don't need an esp to use different models.

So, what would happen if you got the content of the UNP folders and swapped with what's out? Every race would likely use UNP meshes, adn Wood and High elves would use CCBE.

Note the "when they are available" for the unp meshes. The game/script might load vanilla meshes [or in this case, cbbe] if there is no model available.

You can swap models, the only problem might be texture misplacement or different body shapes when you equip the armor. Just swap 'em all to the one you want.

Anyway, this is what I think that will work after seeing the file structure and the readme you posted.

edit2: and just in case you didn't understand why esp editing... Well, you need to either copy or modify the directory pointing the armors you want to use for a race. I have no idea how to do that, but if it's already DONE, there should be little problem in EDITING for a new folder structure or COPYING over to another race [in case of the unp body]

Archived