Editing scopes/ironsights

How do you edit them on weapons ?

There are a few I dislike (or can barely use due to horrible glare) and would like to change up.

For most or all of them, just moving the point of view/zoom forward would be easiest, but if it's not too hard for me to figure out (or if someone wants to volunteer to help) it shouldn't be much work.

And as I get help and google it myself, I'll post what I'm doing as well, should end up as a good tutorial resource as well assuming I'm successful.

How do you edit them on weapons ?

There are a few I dislike (or can barely use due to horrible glare) and would like to change up.

For most or all of them' date=' just moving the point of view/zoom forward would be easiest, but if it's not too hard for me to figure out (or if someone wants to volunteer to help) it shouldn't be much work.

And as I get help and google it myself, I'll post what I'm doing as well, should end up as a good tutorial resource as well assuming I'm successful.

[/quote']

Generally for anything that is NOT a scope, you need to edit/reposition the 1st Person model to adjust the iron sights properly (or adjust the animation breaking all other weapons so not usually done). For anything that IS a scope, you'll find that those are interface hud elements listed in FNVEdit under the Scope Model section for the weapon (though still nifs and edited like any nif). Be aware that if you adjust the aim point on a weapon, you may have to also adjust the NiNode named ProjectileNode if it isn't attached to the model and doesn't move with it (just need to recenter it at the tip of the barrel or adjust it exactly the same as you adjusted the scope). The Projectile Node is the projectile emitter point so if you don't adjust it, the sights will not be aligned to the projectile.

Thanks, at least I have a start point for googling.

Also, actually, I think most of the guns needing fixes are actually project nevada items, the glare on the P90 and wattz 2000 sights are especially bad, in addition to the rather poor placement of the point of view (IE: way far back, making the scope block a lot)

Archived