Why are the creation requirements for skyrim so complicated??

Yanazake

I'm trying to learn. I'm seriously trying.

Not sure if it's because I'm using nightasy tutorials, but the whole process is really painful and the first results aren't really satisfying [i'm not nearly halfway into his tutorials, but I need some explanations... gonna try and contact him later]

All I want is to try and make a new body. it's like a full "piece" of armor with detailed vertex weighting... But the whole weight slider stuff is the worst.

Anyone know another full set of tutorials like that? Just wondering.

Better yet, I'd totally prefer to learn how to make new models from scratch ELSEWHERE [3ds max is TERRIBLE] and properly import and work on them to make working nif files.

3dsmax is one of the best modelling tools out there. No mirror editing though. So when morphing a body, you would want to use blender. But if you want to start from scratch, 3dsmax is fine. You would first need a model and take some photos of the model. Then create some polygons and bend those polygons to fit the photos. I saw a tutorial somewhere. I found it on Google so you should be able to find one yourself.

The thing with Nightasy's tuts is the he is the only one that I know of that has taken the time to go step by step not only in converting outfits to different bodies and making new models but he also takes you through some of the important Max controls. They are the most in depth tutorials I have ever seen. So naturally there's going to be 1,000 vids to go through lol. Many advantages of Max over Blender too when it comes to Skyrim. The best thing IMO is that you don't have to do anything to the nif files before importing them. Blender there's a lot of deleting branches, changing numbers, etc. Another is the import and export times. Blender is horrifically slow whereas Max is almost lightning fast. Yet another is the ability to see the textures as you're working so you know where "certain bits" of the body are as you're editing the outfit. As far as making a new body however lampuiho is right about the blender being better to use for that because of the no mirror editing thing. Skyrim itself is a monster to try and mod when it comes to outfits and bodies. The CK is pretty damn evil too. Best of luck to you.

I don't mind slow importing, I just want to handle my models in a better way. I'm seriously struggling with 3ds max here... It feels like a super weaker Maya. [i'm just used to both maya and blender, not to say anything about zbrush.]

Anyway, that said, I JUST need to edit some textures and import a model or two to finish the first kind of body. The second should be made from scratch, or I can just edit an existing _0 body into something smaller.

The worst part is the 3rd project, which needs a crapload of tweaks, or a new body model altogether.

Archived