VotW Breaking the Quiet by Animopron

VotW Breaking the Quiet by Animopron

View File

This mod includes the 5 episodes of Breaking the Quiet (divided into 15 tapes) by animopron. All the tapes can be crafted in the holotape workbench.

Installation
Install using mod manager like Mod Organizer 2 or Nexus Vortex
or
Manually extract in the fallout 4 Data folder.

How to update:

Uninstall the old version and load the game. Save and close the game, then install the new version.

Requirements
Videos of the Wasteland 2: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/24435

Related mod:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Just discovered the update. BTQ is simultaneously one of the most disturbing and most riveting things I have ever seen, and it fits right in to the overall aesthetic I have been trying to create in this game since I finally bought a new PC and abandoned my Xbox One version back in February. But it was such a bummer not to be able to get the audio working correctly. Thanks for this!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

did you do something to get your videos to be sharper and more clear in game? if so, how did you do it? your pics look like they are higher resolution on your projector in game. I use votw 2, videos I use seem to be more blurry and more aliasing once I've converted them to be used for votw 2(even though the original videos i'm using are either 1080p or 720p). I figured that is just how votw 2 renders videos, a limitation of it, with less quality than the original videos before converted.

On 6/15/2020 at 4:29 PM, jimmywon34 said:

did you do something to get your videos to be sharper and more clear in game? if so, how did you do it? your pics look like they are higher resolution on your projector in game. I use votw 2, videos I use seem to be more blurry and more aliasing once I've converted them to be used for votw 2(even though the original videos i'm using are either 1080p or 720p). I figured that is just how votw 2 renders videos, a limitation of it, with less quality than the original videos before converted.

You can change the resolution in the .bat files. For 8k everything should be 512x512

9 hours ago, Oldwolf58 said:

Any link besides mega? site downloads to 75% then tells me I have to pay or wait 5 hours to finish download. Not gonna happen.

Did you already download something from mega that day? Don't really have it anywhere else

12 hours ago, TheDestroyerOfWorlds said:

You can change the resolution in the .bat files. For 8k everything should be 512x512

Did you already download something from mega that day? Don't really have it anywhere else

Nope it's the only thing I tried to download that day from any site.

11 hours ago, TheDestroyerOfWorlds said:

that too but I think the creator of the .bat mistakenly put the 2k resolution (128) instead of the 8k resolution (512) so I changed that too.

where do you check if it's 512? in the bat file? if so where in the bat file? 

2 hours ago, TheDestroyerOfWorlds said:

While editing the .bat file

thanks. have you had any performance issues making the videos 8k? the author recommends only 8k for the starlight drive-in and only 3 minute videos loaded one at a time to ensure game still runs smoothly. what is your experience making videos 8k for tv and projector regarding performance of the game?

18 hours ago, jimmywon34 said:

thanks. have you had any performance issues making the videos 8k? the author recommends only 8k for the starlight drive-in and only 3 minute videos loaded one at a time to ensure game still runs smoothly. what is your experience making videos 8k for tv and projector regarding performance of the game?

Game can CTD if I try opening the projector directly after starting the game, but that's probably something do with the mixture of mods I have, didn't see anything worse than that

On 6/19/2020 at 2:30 AM, TheDestroyerOfWorlds said:

Game can CTD if I try opening the projector directly after starting the game, but that's probably something do with the mixture of mods I have, didn't see anything worse than that

does the audio still sync nicely with the video, even with 8k? I haven't gotten a chance to download it since it's over 6gb and mega makes you wait 5-6 hours after you've downloaded 5 gb, other wise I would've checked it out myself already but I remember the mod author of VOTW saying that 8k videos can cause audio syncing up with the image to degrade after time(which is why the Starlight Reels are only 8 grid, 3 minutes).

4 hours ago, jimmywon34 said:

does the audio still sync nicely with the video, even with 8k? I haven't gotten a chance to download it since it's over 6gb and mega makes you wait 5-6 hours after you've downloaded 5 gb, other wise I would've checked it out myself already but I remember the mod author of VOTW saying that 8k videos can cause audio syncing up with the image to degrade after time(which is why the Starlight Reels are only 8 grid, 3 minutes).

I've got the same problem you have. So I don't know about the audio either, was hoping he would put it up on mediafire or some other site so I could download it.

8 hours ago, jimmywon34 said:

4 hours ago, Oldwolf58 said:

I've got the same problem you have. So I don't know about the audio either, was hoping he would put it up on mediafire or some other site so I could download it.

I'll reupload it to something else

I don't know about the audio problem, in my experience the audio always desyncs regardless of what resolution I use, I'm gonna guess it desyncs now as well but I was planning to attempt to fix that for a future version.

• 1 year later...

Don't know if anyone else is having this problem but I just made all the holotapes and when I went to put them into the display it would only accept 1 - 4 wouldn't take the tapes for part 5, even tried to load only the tapes for part 5 and it wouldn't take them.

6 hours ago, Oldwolf58 said:

Don't know if anyone else is having this problem but I just made all the holotapes and when I went to put them into the display it would only accept 1 - 4 wouldn't take the tapes for part 5, even tried to load only the tapes for part 5 and it wouldn't take them.

You have to follow the instructions on updating the mod: Uninstall the old version and load the game. Save and close the game, then install the new version.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong but none for my players accept these tapes. This is a fresh install of this mod not an upgrade and first time using votw, my other tapes and reels seem to work ok just can't get the player to accept these tapes for some reason. please and thank you for any help or suggestions.

• 8 months later...

Hey I get a problem whew the installation doesnt work because of some texture problem. I dont have this problem for other votw mod tho.

Some thing about archive is broken. Btw the download link to your Breaking the Quiet mod is blocked for some reason.

Edited by llab314159
  • 7 months later...

Thanks for making this mod, after trying to make a multi-part video myself I understand how tedious and time consuming it can be, so great work! I just had a question about creating holotapes to work on both the television and projector. Whenever I seem to create a holotape, I can never get it to work on both devices - it either works on the television, or it works on the projector, but never both. I've gone through the setup from your tapes in both nifscope and fo4e, and they seem to match up identically to the ones I'm creating, so I'm assuming it has something to do with the way I'm actually generating the texture and mesh files initially. Is there a trick to getting this to work without creating two completely separate esp's, as I can't for the life of me seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong. Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks :)

Edited by Slapy7