Need help separating outfit and changing slot

Hello there! As title says I would really appreciate some help in doing that. The first task shouldn't bee to hard I think, since I have this situation in outfit studio

image.png

Is it fine just right clicking a part I don't need and select delete or some additional steps are required to do this properly?

Now assuming it's that easy, I would need to do this process 3 times to get top, pants and shoes. The problem is that the orginal mod only has one outfit entry so I cannot really replace anything and in addition there are colour swaps that I would like to retain.

I hope I explained the situation properly, thanks in advance for help :)

On 1/17/2019 at 1:43 PM, Thehunteroftruth said:

The problem is that the original mod only has one outfit entry so I cannot really replace anything

For each item you would need to change the corresponding slots for both the Armor Addon and Armor pieces within FO4Edit or the Creation kit.

Here's a list of slots and their preferred mappings

10 hours ago, Thehunteroftruth said:

thanks for answering but would fo4edit works if like I said I have to add total new entries?

Yes.

Following is the process I use when I do what you're doing. Basically copy something from the game and modify it:

Step One

Open FO4Edit, select just Skyrim.esm

When open find Armor in the list, expand that section.

At the top it will list ArmorIronGuantlets, ArmorIronCuriass, ArmorIronBoots, ArmorIronHelmet

Right click one of these and from the dropdown list select Copy as New Record (choose yes in the dialog that appears as you do want to edit)

A dialog will appear with the name, change the name to match what you need e.g. TheHunterOfTruthGuantlets, press Okay

A new dialog appears, click the one for <new file>, then the Okay button

This first time it will ask you to name the .esp file you are creating (do not add the .esp FO4Edit will add appropriate the extension name)

New dialog will appear "Do You Want To Continue?" select Yes

You now have a new .esp, you can scroll down on the FormId and expand your new .esp file

Step Two

... scroll down on the FormId and expand your new .esp file

Right click armor and find your armor item, on the right window pane change name and path info to match your items.

Change Armor type to match

e.g (Left click "heavy armor" right of Armor type and press F2 ... wait a dialog appears, use the drop down to select Clothing, Heavy Armor or Light Armor 

Change any keywords or leave alone

Make note of the Armature MODL - Model Filename, when you add the corresponding ArmorAddon Item you will need to come back to this

Step Three

Do the same as Step One, e.g. instead of Armor, find ArmorAddon

At the top it will list IronGlovesAA, IronCuriassAA, IronBootsAA, IronHelmetAA

Right click one of these and from the dropdown list select Copy as New Record

A dialog will appear with the name, change the name to match what you need e.g. TheHunterOfTruthGlovesAA, press Okay

Dialog appears, click the one for the .esp you created, then the Okay button

Shrink any expanded FormIDs, you need to shrink these down anytime you add something to the .esp for it to show

Expand the FormIDs for you .esp so you see the items in both "Armor Addon" and "Armor" items.

Select your Armor and remember earlier when asked to note Armature MODL - Model Filename, right click yours

Select Edit

Drag the Edit Value dialog over to the left and below Armor Addon, leave it there

Now change everything in the "Please change the value" dialog entry to the number of your Armor Addon

Step Four

Expand the Armor Addon

Find Female World Model MOD3 - Model Filename

On the right window pane Change name and path info to match your items.

Note

If you change  BODT Body Template - First Person Flags make sure you change both the armor and the armor addon to match.

The First Person Flags should match the bones from the mesh.

14 hours ago, GOodTimes said:

Yes.

Following is the process I use when I do what you're doing. Basically copy something from the game and modify it:

Step One

Open FO4Edit, select just Skyrim.esm

When open find Armor in the list, expand that section.

At the top it will list ArmorIronGuantlets, ArmorIronCuriass, ArmorIronBoots, ArmorIronHelmet

Right click one of these and from the dropdown list select Copy as New Record (choose yes in the dialog that appears as you do want to edit)

A dialog will appear with the name, change the name to match what you need e.g. TheHunterOfTruthGuantlets, press Okay

A new dialog appears, click the one for <new file>, then the Okay button

This first time it will ask you to name the .esp file you are creating (do not add the .esp FO4Edit will add appropriate the extension name)

New dialog will appear "Do You Want To Continue?" select Yes

You now have a new .esp, you can scroll down on the FormId and expand your new .esp file

Step Two

... scroll down on the FormId and expand your new .esp file

Right click armor and find your armor item, on the right window pane change name and path info to match your items.

Change Armor type to match

e.g (Left click "heavy armor" right of Armor type and press F2 ... wait a dialog appears, use the drop down to select Clothing, Heavy Armor or Light Armor 

Change any keywords or leave alone

Make note of the Armature MODL - Model Filename, when you add the corresponding ArmorAddon Item you will need to come back to this

Step Three

Do the same as Step One, e.g. instead of Armor, find ArmorAddon

At the top it will list IronGlovesAA, IronCuriassAA, IronBootsAA, IronHelmetAA

Right click one of these and from the dropdown list select Copy as New Record

A dialog will appear with the name, change the name to match what you need e.g. TheHunterOfTruthGlovesAA, press Okay

Dialog appears, click the one for the .esp you created, then the Okay button

Shrink any expanded FormIDs, you need to shrink these down anytime you add something to the .esp for it to show

Expand the FormIDs for you .esp so you see the items in both "Armor Addon" and "Armor" items.

Select your Armor and remember earlier when asked to note Armature MODL - Model Filename, right click yours

Select Edit

Drag the Edit Value dialog over to the left and below Armor Addon, leave it there

Now change everything in the "Please change the value" dialog entry to the number of your Armor Addon

Step Four

Expand the Armor Addon

Find Female World Model MOD3 - Model Filename

On the right window pane Change name and path info to match your items.

Note

If you change  BODT Body Template - First Person Flags make sure you change both the armor and the armor addon to match.

The First Person Flags should match the bones from the mesh.

thanks for the detailed answer! just a few question, is the method i'm using to phisically separate the nif correct or do i need to do something else in OS? also you mean fallout4.esm right? what step exactly is the one that keep the interchangeable craftable colour like in the original mod? I read it all but I don't see any reference to the original mod

Archived