[WIP] More wasteland Captives

rylasasin

Since I can't seem to find any mod that does this (other than Fook2, which is the one I did this for to begin with, and since it's older than the hills... and Prisoners of underworld, which is glitchy and adds an unnecessary faction. ) I've decided to do this one myself.

Basically, exactly like it says on the tin: Adds more captives to the wasteland (and a few supermutant ones too, but mostly raider and slaver) strongholds for you to rescue/kill/have your way with*/whatever.

Also it'll add Captives to certain Raider/Slaver camps and strongholds. These will usually be nude (Raiders tend to like to play with thier captives in very demeaning ways.) and (usually) female though a patch/option to cloth them will be made available. Supermutants tend not to share the same interests and will tend to leave their clothes on.

I'll hopefully be making both a nexus version and a LL version. The nexus version will be rather simplistic (just adds default-ish captives to various areas, nothing too terribly suggestive. Though the LL version I hope to add a few more Captives in more suggestive positions using lostrider's pose pack, if I can figure out how that works.

Now, any good ideas on where to add them? I already have quite a few places spotted but any input is appreciated.

*(in)Appropriate mods required.

Given the mods you mentioned and the captive mechanism, my assumption is you're talking about FO3 and not NV. You could take the same approach that DCInteriors did and create new cells for existing doors/sewer entrances/basements/etc. that contain a resuable captive. As an example, in Minefield, DCInteriors added a new interior to one of the homes that contains a basement that has a captive in a cage you can rescue. If you want the captives in the gameworld and not in interiors my suggestion is to explore the world yourself for good locations. I'd suggest the Grisly Diner, any campground, any satcom tower, any supermutant camp, any non-feral ghoul camp, any raider camp... etc..

There's also a big clue in the thread title. (big grin - it is ambiguous apart from that mind).

Very good suggestions on implementation there Astymma' date=' especially as DCInteriors is one of my favorite mods (along with Busworld)!

[/quote']

Heh oops, teach me to post when I'm barely awake hehe.

Given the mods you mentioned and the captive mechanism' date=' my assumption is you're talking about FO3 and not NV. You could take the same approach that DCInteriors did and create new cells for existing doors/sewer entrances/basements/etc. that contain a resuable captive. As an example, in Minefield, DCInteriors added a new interior to one of the homes that contains a basement that has a captive in a cage you can rescue. If you want the captives in the gameworld and not in interiors my suggestion is to explore the world yourself for good locations. I'd suggest the Grisly Diner, any campground, any satcom tower, any supermutant camp, any non-feral ghoul camp, any raider camp... etc..

[/quote']

FO3: That is correct. As Symon pointed out already :P

New Interiors: ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... I'd have to say no. I'm NO good at making new interiors. Editing existing ones yes, but not making new.

At best I might make a sort of show-room thing in paradise falls for the LL version but that's about it.

Though after i'm done I'll release it on a "anyone can share anyone can alter" open source basis so if you or anyone else wants to make a version with new interiors, you'll be free to go ahead with that.

On a semi related note for usability, I set the captives to respawn. I mean that always puzzled me: The enemies respawn, but the captives dont? That does not make sense to me.

Camps: I'll probably be concentrating mostly on raider holes and the two slaver holds (Paradise Falls and Lincoln memorial, though those will be specific cases that don't respawn and/or disappear if the slaves from Temple of the Union have taken over the former.)

rylasasin, if you make the hostages easy enough to implement into the mod (a quick cut and paste job for the scripts, say) I can quite happily go through the various locations in the game and add new hostages, both in hte over world and interiors, as well as making new rooms for them in other places.

rylasasin' date=' if you make the hostages easy enough to implement into the mod (a quick cut and paste job for the scripts, say) I can quite happily go through the various locations in the game and add new hostages, both in hte over world and interiors, as well as making new rooms for them in other places.

[/quote']

Right now it's as easy as placing a marker (same one used with default captives), placing either the "Raidercaptivemostlygirl" or "raidercaptiveevensex" and then linking it to them.

Adding different anims I'm guessing would be as easy as making a different captive marker.

Well I could give you the files. Minus the Talon and Slaver ones I've gone over the vanilla locations I think and added PLENTY of them.

Though for new rooms and stuff, yeah haven't done that. Though might be something to consider for the LL version. (Which I'd planned to be a bit more of an improved version as well as a naughter one as in adding them in more naughty positions.)

On top of that I haven't added anything (yet) for DLCS. (well only two DLCS would really be relevant enough to add any would be Pitt and PL. And Pitt would only work if adding a few of them downtown which isn't really worth it. So that just leaves PL.)

Honestly the only difference between the talon ones and the radiers ones or supermutant ones is be what the messagebox says, and between the slaver ones and those two would be them having different messageboxes and having the Lincoln memorial ones disappear if TOTU slaves take the memorial and neither of them respawning like the others do.

Had to esm it though due to the texture missmatch bug (right head wrong body) and add a mergeable/bashable override patch (since it changes two factions so raiders aren't shooting all their captives)

Archived